Tradfri outlets visible in my mesh but unable to respond (and act as repeaters)

I had a small problem with a samsung multi-sensor in my garage: didn't activate my lamps (Caseta).
Fine, change the battery and let's see...
Battery changed: nothing changed :frowning:

So I checked my tradfri outlet who is acting as a repeater. The outlet was there bus not reacting to any command (ON/OFF). So I checked the others (3 more): same pattern for all of them !

I unplugged them for 5 seconds, replugged and they all are behaving normally (and my samsung sensors behaves normally too, btw).

Any idea why all those Tradfri "suddenly" stopped ? I have no idea when they stopped and if the problem was simultaneous or over the time.
And I have a no problem with my hub (except that I reboot it too often, but don't want deconstruct everything for now) and my caseta lamps (mostly activated with samsung multi-sensor) .

I had this happen to my all of my TrΓ₯dfri Repeaters about 1 week ago, I tracked it down to a minor power surge in my electric grid that I myself caused. I didn't notice at first that it was the repeaters that were acting up since they don't have anything else they need to do... It was after that I wrote my "Presence" drivers for those repeaters and the plugs.

3 Likes

Fine, I'll monitor this. As I remember, there was an thunderstorm around here and I saw the lights of my desk flickering for just a few mS. Good to know.

Related question: shouldn't zigbee repeaters (Tradfri or others) rebuild the mesh in the event of a ("micro") power failure?

They should, but I think in my case they crashed, which is why they required the power to be cycled. They must be very sensitive.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.