Trådfri E12 400lm DTH issues

[Update] - Issues resolved by 701 firmware with new Generic Zigbee Bulb driver

I no longer have other Trådfri bulbs, so I picked up one of their newest budget bulbs for testing with Hubitat. Doesn't seem there' s a perfect device handler for these bulbs at the moment, so I've recorded the behavior with the available device handlers.

Zigbee White Color Temperature Bulb

ON/OFF and set brightness level, as well as ramp rate work within Hubitat, but only if ramp rate is entered. ON/OFF works in Alexa app, but brightness level does not.

Zigbee Dimmer
Generic Zigbee RGBW Light
Generic Zigbee RGB Light

All three of the above DH behave the same. ON/OFF and set brightness level work, but ramp rate has no effect and if entered, brightness level cannot be set in Hubitat. Both ON/OFF and brightness level work in Alexa app

GE Link Bulb
Cree Bulb
ST Tradfri DTH

All three of the above DH behave the same. ON/OFF and set brightness level work, but ramp rate does not work and if entered, brightness level cannot be set in Hubitat.
Both ON/OFF and brightness level work in Alexa app, but dimming and ramp rate are same for Hubitat and Alexa app. Both are slow and non-controllable.

Try the new Generic Zigbee Bulb driver, there's notes about it contained in the 701 release notes.

1 Like

Thank you Mike, That works great. Ramp rate adjustments are much more coarse than previous. All good!

@SmartHomePrimer
When you pair another one of these, can you send me the text of the complete fingerprint thats shown by clicking more on the discovery page?, ill then add that to this driver.
Edit, that driver link you posted has all the fingerprints, these all seem to be color temp adjustable right?, so they should pair to the white color temp driver, which I have not replaced yet.

Here you go…No, not all are color temp adjustable. This one is not. The DH I posted does work in ST with both type.

manufacturer:IKEA of Sweden
address64bit:000B57FFFE9730C3
address16bit:C230
model:TRADFRI bulb E12 W op/ch 400lm
basicAttributesInitialized:true
application:11
endpoints.01.manufacturer:IKEA of Sweden
endpoints.01.idAsInt:1
endpoints.01.inClusters:0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,0008,0B05,1000
endpoints.01.endpointId:01
endpoints.01.profileId:C05E
endpoints.01.application:11
endpoints.01.outClusters:0005,0019,0020,1000
endpoints.01.initialized:true
endpoints.01.model:TRADFRI bulb E12 W op/ch 400lm
endpoints.01.stage:4

Thanks, I’ll add that to this driver!

1 Like

Are the Tradfri RGB bulbs supposed to use Zigbee Generic RGB? On/off and dimmer value work, but no color changing at all, nor color temperature. It previously worked as expected on SmartThings hub.

Try the Zigbee Generic RGBW, you won't get color temperature control with the Zigbee Generic RGB driver.

Still doesn’t work with this driver. It adjusts brightness but that’s it. No RGB or color temp using the interface or Alexa.

I’m wondering if anyone actually has the Tradfri RGB bulbs to test with?

I had one paired with Hue. It failed about a month after purchasing (product defect) and I didn’t like the greens, so it didn’t get replaced.

Pairs nicely with Hue Bridge and is fully functional (other than weak color). Send a fingerprint to @mike.maxwell. He may not have it yet.