Tracking down a Null Zigbee device

Perhaps there is a real Zigbee Pro out there.
Question:
I must have deleted a Zigbee device, but it must still be connected somehow. I have the following line in the mesh output:
[null, 81D1], LQI:249, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:3
It's been persistently there for the last 2 weeks, so it must still be on.

Does anyone know how I can identify what this is? Or where it is?

Have you done a search in your devices for 81D1?

1 Like

Certainly, It's not to be found...

Maybe try a power down of the hub for 20 mins, not a shutdown.
I believe this should cause the table to rebuild.
Not 100% sure though.

It will cause the Zigbee mesh to be re-built.
Unfortunately that null switch will come along for the ride.

2 Likes

do you have an xbee? 2 of mine show as null, the others show as I have named them. don't know why

1 Like

Aha...
I do have an XBEE, but it's currently disconnected...Maybe that's it...

2 Likes

I recently had a couple instances of this.

In one case, I was able to find the device by using the "Device" tab, and putting it into list mode (the left button) instead of tile mode. I then did a CTRL-F and searched for that 4 digit string. In this case, I found the device and was able to pair it again. In this case it was an Iris motion V3 that had dropped off the network when I had the circuit breakers off, and apparently it lost the route through a powered device.

In a second case, I couldn't find that 4 digit string in any device. I made a virtual device, numbered it the same as that 4 digit string, and made it a generic Zigbee switch. (Mike Maxwell method) I then deleted the rogue device. At that point I was able to figure out what wasn't working any more. It was a Xiaomi vibration sensor in this case. It was weird because it seemed to be communicating with the hub, but somehow the ID number had changed. When I re-paired it, this device came back in with the proper working ID and all was good. I don't know what happened exactly, or how the device was able to change its ID and back again?

Hmmm...
I knew that in ST you could number a virtual devices .... I didn't know that you could do that here... a good Mike Maxwell trick...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.