To button or not to button...that is my question!

My only issue with them was cost, they're £25 over here. I can get 4 Xiaomi for the price of that :joy:

They are expensive here too. But 5-6x a year Amazon lowers them down to $8-10. That is when I purchase. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Does anyone know of a multifunction button like the pop that works well?

Most buttons do. They have Pushed, Double push (in the case of Xiaomi up to 5 pushes), and hold etc. So you can map different fuctions to the push (or double) or hold etc, and some you can do on release too.

The Osram gives you Push, Hold and release. Each can be used as triggers in many apps (ABC, RM etc).

I think with the pop, you can use 3 functions from memory, so all the above can cover those.

2 Likes

You also have the opportunity to use Philips Hue button controllers directly connected to Hubitat

2 Likes

Good grief, how did I forget those! :smiley:

Jesus man!
I even wrote us an app for them! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I'm sorry boss :wink: :+1:
I'll get my coat........ :joy:

3 Likes

Pmsl

1 Like

awesome thanks for the clarification. I am just starting with HE after many years integrating with Smartthings and webcore.

Thanks for the help, seems like this is a great enthusiast community!

1 Like

Pico by the bed (black, so Bruce’s label method won’t work). Controls the bedroom lights, locks the doors and shuts down the house.

Xiaomi under a side table in the living room next to the chair I usually sit in. Controls Door lock and unlock, floor lamp across the room, lamp next to me, dining room lights, kitchen light, and shuts the house down.

How do I remember? I just do. How does the rest of the family remember? They don’t use them. I put a pico right by the back door that I use all the time, and my wife always tells the Echo that’s right next to it to do the same thing the Pico does. 🤷🏼

2 Likes

Haha. Same here. Have a remotec scene controller by the bed. Currently running 19 different things, and I know every one :joy:

1 Like

Thanks for the advice.

Our house has about 10 pop buttons, hue lights, GE (jasco) dimmers and a bunch of other iot. To avoid cost, i tried some interesting configurations and found one that is livable.

It seems that HUE bulbs trigger quickly. To keep the latency down, i have set up the pop switches to trigger hue lights within its own config and call IFTT for fans and other dimmers. It isn't the best solution, but it is livable.

But.. just in case, as i'm sure most of us here do, i just ordered a button from smartthings :slight_smile:

Has anyone found any decent wall plates for the smartthings button?

I'll check back in after the next config.

This should arrive soon.

Zigbee 3.0, but it’s Xiaomi so I’m not holding my breath for completely compliant, but hopefully it is.

I’m going to try it in on HE first. Maybe a driver would not be too hard for those with the skills. I know it will work with my Xiaomi Aqara Hub, but having multiple button presses in HE directly would be very nice.

1 Like

looks nice, let me know what you think and if you can hack a driver together.

1 Like

I don't have the chops for a driver, but if there's isn't already something that will work with it, then I'll post the Zigbee fingerprint and do all the testing needed for someone with the right stuff (i.e. @veeceeoh and @mike.maxwell come to mind immediately).

1 Like

I don't have any black Picos and I have never tried this stuff but looking at the Brother web site, it appears they have tape for those Brother P-Touch machines that prints white characters on clear tape!

2 Likes

Indeed they do

Cool thanks. Good find!