Time, variables, and dashboards

I'm wanting to have a time variable for when the house "wakes up". I want to be able to control this from a dashboard.

I made the DateTime variable and I authorized it for the dashboard but when I go to add the tile I don't see it.

Also, can a DateTime variable just deal with time?

Sounds like a similar thread...

Mobile app doesn’t work (at least for me), but the browser does in all instances with 2.3.0.112. To use only the time portion I want to say put 9999-99-99 in the date portion.

1 Like

I was wondering if Mobile was the issue. I'll have to try later.

I did seem to be able to do it with making a connector though.

Well damn now I'm getting this when going into Hub Variables

I've had so many problems with variables now for several releases I've just decided to leave them well alone until they settle down again. I had local variables with connectors for a similar morning 'alarm' system, then the time based one's screwed up because they needed a date. I moved to hub variables and had similar issues. Ah, now I'm thinking to move the whole rule to Node-RED and avoid as many breaking changes and rule re-writes as possible.

Are you using a connector for this variable? If so, try setting the time on the device page for that variable to fix the format.

On the dashboard side, what tile did you used to set the variable?

I have a similar issue. I have two global variables ("DateTimeLastSewageCycle" and "DateTimeLastSumpCycle") which are identically configured in each connector. The date value is not coming out correctly ("Invalid Date") in the tile for Sewage variable (picked the Sewage device, then template "Variable Date"), but its time value is correct (using "Variable Time"). For Sewage, when looking at the "Hub Variables" page, only the time is shown under "Value" (no date).
Whereas for the Sump variable (last ran/updated likely BEFORE the version 2.3.0 upgrade), the date is still working in all places, AND the date and time are shown in Hub Variables under Value.
I am open to ideas to correct this and wanted to share what I am seeing.