This s*** is too good!

I have one virtual switch: Auto Lights. When it’s on, the lights go on and off. When it’s off, the lights stay in whatever state they are in. For example, when I leave, lights go off, switch goes off. In the evening, lights come on, switch goes off. On a gloomy day, the switch starys on and motion determines the lights. I have various rules that switch Auto Lights on and off.

I do similar with what our house uses as "pause" switches and they are either for rooms or areas. An example is "garage door pause" which keeps the garage doors from shutting automatically and the door from locking. (When we are working out front) Same in the bedroom/deck/kitchen/etc. Turning it on leaves the lights in whatever state they are in when you turn it on. A simple google command does this for us. I automatically turn them off when we leave the house or at night time. The work awesome and the whole family knows how to use them. Keeps everyone from trying to remember special buttons or multiple clicks on paddles.

It's a project on my backburner now, but I have one of these cubes dedicated so that when you roll it, it will order a random pizza from Dominoes via their webhooks :laughing:

6 Likes