Third Reality Plug Logging Every 3 minutes

I got a 4 pack of the Third Reality plugs and I noticed when text logging is enabled, the current status of these devices are logged every 3 minutes. I'm using the generic zigbee outlet driver.

Try clicking configure...

Forgot to mention I had tried hitting configure already.

Is this a TR firmware issue? I've seen posts from other users that have these plugs but no mention of what I'm seeing.

I can think of nothing else that would cause this.

response from TR support...

Maybe 3 minutes is too much?, ya think???

??? WTF ???
There is a chance your mesh is so screwed up that the device response would be lost, but the initial command wouldn't be?

How about you just send a state change when it happens and don't presume your customers mesh is crap...

1 Like

my reply...

1 Like

Man, I could swear my (gen-2) Third Reality smart switch was doing a similar high-frequency status log-spam for a long time... I just always chalked it up to being an older version or whatever. I don't know exactly when that stopped, but it's not doing it anymore.

Maybe it was around the time Mike first started trying to correct the 3R battery-reporting weirdness... I don't think that gen-2 switch was ever part of that effort, but around that same time, my switch did start reporting battery (it never did before -- again, I chalked that up to it being an older hardware version).

That gen-2 switch ain't sexy, but it is perfect for this one weird use-case I have (even better than the latest version of that switch), so I'm just happy it's reporting battery and no longer spamming logs. So whatever you did (intentional or otherwise) -- thanks Mike!!

TR support says...

3 Likes

For anyone finding this thread, the OTA firmware update resolved this issue.

Having the same issue with TR 3RSS007Z switch. Just to confirm I can do an OTA firmaware update via Hubitat?