Thinking of converting

Cool, that will make that portion easier :wink: What about Sony projectors? :slight_smile:

These drivers are cake to write, we don't have anything for Sony yet, hasn't been asked for until now.
Do you have the interface spec doc for this?

Yes, I don't see an option to attach them to this post, but I could email them to you.

It didn't look that difficult at all, biggest hurdle for me would be converting to java/groovy since that's not my usual platform.

You should be able to pm to me, or post a link to them, and I'll have a look.

1 Like

I think most people are pretty satisfied with the options to link an HE and ST hub. The official app allows for device info and events to be sent from ST to HE only. But there’s also a community developed app that can work in the other direction too.

As for the ST presence sensors, those should work fine in HE too. As long as your zigbee mesh is solid, and I actually had to add some zigbee repeaters when I switched from ST to HE to get several zigbee devices to work reliably that I didn’t have issues with before. That’s not a big deal IMHO though.

I stayed connected to smartthings for a while while migrating as well. Everything ran well considering the cloud got in the way from time to time. I still have smartthings running, but i dont' think I have anything connected to it anymore. I keep it around so that I'm reminded how happy I am with HE when the notifications come through from smartthings that they had an outage. I know that I will still receive these whether I have a hub or not. I need to take the time to make sure everyrhing is off of ST and get rid of it. HE is young, but support is above average here. If there are problems, someone will help you fix it. It's personal here. And the staff is personally vested in the product. Everyone is great. I've never been happier with HE. The frustrations you will run into is with some locks. (remain diligent). The other frustration will be with having to relocate sensors because you won't have to adjust for latency. So, you'll probably have to find a way to get the stick-um off the walls without taking the paint and sheetrock with it. HA! Nice problem to have! Good luck with the leap. I hope you decide to come. It's a great adventure over here in the Hubitat land.

3 Likes

Any plans for integrating Yamaha to Hubitat ? Thanks.

1 Like

I need someone with a Yahama AVR who's willing to do some testing.

1 Like

I have a RX-V681 Yamaha. I be your tester..

Does that receiver have a telnet interface? I couldn’t find anything about it from searching. This is how the other AVR drivers work.

Take a look at this:

How about this?

Doesn't appear so, the interface docs posted are for a json http interface, and while totally doable it's a completly different type of driver which isn't on the table at the moment...

Sounds Good..Thank you for responding.

Mike,

Here is the response from yamaha:

Thank you for contacting Yamaha Support.

We do not do telnet commands on our receiver. They are all network based commands.

I hope you've found this helpful. If not, or if you have additional questions, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,

Ken
Yamaha Customer Support
faq.yamaha.com

I took the redloro's work from ST and updated it to work (for the most part) on Hubitat. There were a few weird changes I had to make. Hubitat (according to this thread Receiving notifications from LAN devices - #37 by chuck.schwer) apps can't subscribe to location events. While I don't totally know what this means (I don't do a lot of Hubitat or SmartThings coding but I dabble) I was not able to figure out how to get the App to receive any responses from child device requests. I had to change it so the device could use either the IP or MAC as a DNI.

At any rate, I turned the parent SmartApp into a parent device driver and then shifted a few things after that to make it all work.

You can find it here:
https://github.com/codahq/hubitat_codahq/tree/master/devicestypes

To install add the two yamaha device drivers. Then just create a virtual device and set whatever you want in the required fields as long as you choose the correct device type ("Yamaha Receiver") and put in the correct IP address. (I'm sure I could have done this better e.g. discovery or whatever but I didn't care. I just wanted it working.) The driver will update the DNI to the IP address and add a child device for each zone you choose.

Am I supposed to create a "[Release]" thread when I do this? What's the guideline around that?

Nicely done!

Creating a dedicated thread for a community solution is 'usual an d customary'. It helps to make it easier to search for these integrations and stay apprised of upgrades. Just keep updating the first post as you make changes.

Good enough then.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pioneer AVR (LAN ethernet) New Driver