Thinking about TP-Link M9 Plus routers with Zigbee Hub - act as a repeater?

Getting a home wi-fi mesh system, and these also have Zigbee hubs in them. Can I use this with the HE as range extenders for the Zigbee network as well?
Link to the product page

I will let the experts check in, but from what I understand, you can only have one hub with Zigbee. This device also is HA1.2, and isn't 3.0 pretty common now? I am surprised it isn't 3.0 in any case.

The above matches my understanding as well. I don't know much about the manufacturing of Zigbee devices, but in general, Zigbee devices can be configured (generally at the factory, i.e., in firmware, though things like an Xbee that are meant for tinkering do let you configure this yourself) to act as either a coordinator (hub), router (repeater), or end device, and it's quite unlikely something marketed as a consumer-oriented Zigbee hub would have an options to do anything besides that. If this is all correct, then I agree that it wouldn't work.

There are lots of Zigbee repeaters out there, some of which can even be powered with USB (which I see this AP has, though I'm not sure of its power output). If not taking up space with a smart plug or using one of very few in-wall switches out there is part of the draw of this for you, exploring one of those might be worth doing.

Thanks guys, I'll look into this more.