Thinking about buying ring security system 2nd gen

Anyone have experience with this? Can I use the contact and motions sensors from ring security in both the ring alarm system and in HE?

I thought I read there is a driver or integration to connect to rings hub and access the devices that way. I want to make sure this is possible with Gen 2.

Also does it work well and is it reliable?

Thanks

I haven't used the ring sensors, but would imagine you could only either manage it through ring or HE, not both.

If you do use ring to manage them, you could expose them to something like IFTTT then use a virtual switch to trigger in HE as you need

I thought there was an integration to the ring hub?

This is the integration:

The author no longer maintains it (Since last week, I think), but it still solid.

Hi - Is there still a way to actually get that Ring integration though? Looks like it was pulled from github too. JUST got my Hubitat and Ring Alarm system and am seriously bummed about this turn of events.

1 Like

It does appear to be here:

I was looking for it myself and found thi link in the thread.

Thanks. Yes, I went back to the thread and found that fork as well. Hoping for the best, and that those much smarter than I can carry the flag on it!

1 Like

So is it possible to locally connect the ring hub to HE and utilize the sensors?

I am trying to plan if i can put all of my security(door) sensors on ring and then have HE still use them for automation. I guess worst case I can use two door motion sensors, one for each hub. But that doesnt seem ideal.

1 Like

This is EXACTLY what I was pondering. I really hope this is achievable without multiple sensors. If you happen to determine the answer elsewhere, please report back here.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.