Honeywell TCC Total Connect Comfort Drivers

Just wanted to throw a thank you out to you for developing this. Seems to be working great with my older Honeywell TCC thermo. This was one of the last devices I migrated over from ST and I prefer your TCC API solution much more than the IFTTT solution. Fingers crossed that Honeywell doesn't make a habit out of changing the API often.

1 Like

Thank you for this app. I am currently using the TCC_C version however I am not sure why but when my unit is heating the app reports "cooling". As it is the middle of the winter here in Canada I am unable to try setting the device to cool mode to see if it report "heating" or if also would report "cooling". Any suggestions?

I had the same problem, my thermostat doesn't have an Auto setting for thermostatMode but it was set to auto in the device. I changed it to Heat and that should fix it. Looks like the driver is looking for what mode you are in and since mine was set to auto if failed the mode == "heat" comparison and ended up with everything saying "cooling"

EDIT: typed before I actually tried it, no go, still says cooling.

Thank you for making/updating this driver. Please keep up the work and look forward to updates. I wish this would get some official support!

@csteele. Thanks for creating this driver! I set up an automation in RM to set the mode to heat and temp to 65 when I leave work. I keep my thermostats on Permanent hold, but this action in RM changes them to temporary hold and to follow schedule afterwards. Is there a way to keep the Mode on permanent hold. Thanks!

Did you change the prefs in the driver for set points to be permanent vs temporary?

Another option, which I realize isn't as clean as this native driver, is to use the Honeywell IFTTT integration to drive your automations ([RELEASE] Honeywell TCC IFTTT Driver). You then won't have to worry about Honeywell making changes that break the native code, or have to be concerned your polling threshold is too quick and causing errors. I use the integration in this thread with 1 hr polling (for as close to native HE thermostat integration) + TCC IFTTT (to drive all my RM automations).

Thanks. There’s only an option to set heating point in rule machine. I ended up adjusting the thermostat schedule, which I’ve never used, to just have two times. One at 6 AM and one at 10 PM, right now this will work for me. But I will be able to override it to permanent hold mode manually

There is a Toggle in the Driver, for Permanent Hold:

30%20AM

Are you using that and saying it's changing when RM sets a heat setpoint?

Thanks for the reply. I didn't see that setting. Just made the change, I'll have to try it out. Appreciate the help!

That did it. Auto adjust temp stayed in permanent hold. Thanks for the guidance!

1 Like

mine is not working correctly as it is not showing the display units on the tile on the temp.. has anyone modified this to fix that issue.. thanks

Did anyone get a successful integration from the UK? URLs are different international.Xxx

I tried a simple find/replace but no dice

Based on your conversation with @lewis.heidrick I modifed "my driver" to centralize the URL. (no search/replace in other words.

I put this in at the top and altered everything to use it.

public static String tccSite() { return "www.mytotalconnectcomfort.com" }

Unfortunately I ran out of time before I completed the testing. I do know that that change itself is working, just can't tell if altering the URL results in a functional connection.

Thanks for this @csteele are the code changes are GitHub ?

@csteele - I went through and updated the urls, but looks like they have moved some of the resources. I can see there is a working HA integration for the international flavour of TC so I'll have a dig through the code their to see if I can find the correct urls.

v1.3.3 released

Changes:

• converted to asynchttp where posssible.
  • centralized Honeywell site url as "tccSite"
  • refactored Enum to fan and mode codes

Enjoy!

3 Likes

Any idea why the thermometer on the dashboard isn’t giving me the option to adjust the temperature up or down? It was okay before I upgraded the driver today. Thanks.

Not sure what you mean...

I have this on my dashboard:

Screen Shot 2020-09-07 at 6.43.14 PM

It's basically 4 'buttons' -- the Mode and Fan buttons open a popover selection menu. The Up and down arrow 'buttons' just do what they indicate. I clicked temp down twice then took that pic. It shows the thermostat set to 71 but the current temp is 73 and the AC is in Cooling mode.

Seeing the same here. Also Mode 70? The modes are OK if you click on them, but the display is weird.

Ya this is all I get...

I used to see what you have there.