Thermostat Scheduler Fails to Start Heating Cycle on random basis

A few times per month I come up to the office to find that it is still at the temperature of the overnight setpoint. Bad for the home automation budget when it happens to my wife, which is most of the time. The thermostat in question is a Centralite Pearl Series 3.

This morning it happened and as soon as I opened up the Thermostat Scheduler app (V1.3.3 2/5/2022) the heat kicked in right away.

Interestingly, clicking on the "Show more.." does nothing, indicating this is the entirety of the log even though I have logging turned on in the app. The scheduler settings are pretty mundane.

The behavior suggests that the "Thermostat Scheduler" app was not running\functioning until I clicked on it. Usage time does not seem to contradict that.

As I said this happens 2-3 times per month, based on about 2 months of history. One last note is that I have the Hub reboot nightly at 03:45 AM so I would expect to see a log entry from the Thermostat Scheduler about that time when the process has been started.

I am willing to provide any other information that might be helpful in troubleshooting this issue. Any help appreciated.

Tagging @bravenel who should be able to help, or ping who can.

Reboot doesn't have anything to do with how apps run. It doesn't 'kick start' any app. They have whatever Event Subscriptions and Scheduled Jobs they had before the reboot. Most likely, if you are seeing intermittent failures it comes from the device, not from the app. Apps tend to do the same thing over and over, while the mesh can be flaky. Hard to tell with what you've posted. Try leaving a Logs tab open. Post here a screenshot of the Scheduled Events from Themostat Scheduler App Status page (gear icon). Also, you should update your hub to the latest build, as there were bug fixes in Thermostat Scheduler, and you are on an older build.

Thanks Bruce, the scheduled jobs look like they match the schedule.

Note: there is no job that would account for the 08:26:16.565 "Heating Setpoint 69.0 from Days/Time Schedule". Note this event happened immediately upon opening the app.

The mesh is always a potential problem but I have spent some time on mine and it is pretty solid after purging some really crap repeaters about a month or so ago.

Hub2 (app location), Thermo+ and XBee are all in an 8 foot span.

I will take your suggestion and update my hub and leave a logs window open. Out of curiosity why was is not possible to go back through the Thermostat Scheduler logs to look and see if it issued any commands at the 6:00 AM schedule. That was only 2.5 hours prior and the log only contained 2 events.

Thanks.

Awesome product and awesome service BTW. I'm sure you don't hear that often enough.

Yes, this was fixed in the most recent release.

Did you have logging enabled? I don't know what condition your Logs were in. Hence my suggestion to leave a tab open to Logs.

Yes, I had previously enabled logging because this has been a recurring problem. Updated my Hub and I'll monitor the situation. It's noteworthy that if I go back and looks at the Thermostat Scheduler Event History there is nothing before 8:28 this morning which seems rather strange. It's like it is a brand new app instance.