Thermostat and other related questions

Hello, new user! and loving it!
Previous long time ST user and Vera / Indigo / and about 4 others haha

Love to explain why I switched but I'm sure no one cares...
My question is how do you create a usable thermostat tile in dashboard? I know your supposed to use variables but couldn't find documentation.
Also the thermostat doesn't show up in Alexa skills even though it is selected to be a device.

Thanks!

I would look into SharpTools.io
Great dashboard with a nice thermostat tile.

1 Like

If you can do a thermostat tile on Hubitat Dashboard that lets you adjust setpoints, I never saw anything about how. You can definitely add it as a device and use either the "temperature" template to show the current temperature or the "attribute" template with "heatingSetpoint," "coolingSetPoint," or whatever your device/driver needs, to show the setpoint, but there isn't anything like AT or SharpTools that lets you ad just it. I'm using SharpTools to work around that problem now, but I'd rather use a local dashboard at home since I imagine it would be a bit snappier.

(Alexa support for thermostat is also on my wishlist. Don't get me started on the super-hacky workaround I'm doing: virtual dimmers on Hubitat integrated to ST via Other Hub app and DTHs, plus a virtual thermostat on ST; the dimmers sync the setpoint and actual temperature between the two platforms, and webCoRE on ST syncs the dimmer values to the virtual thermostat as needed, with similar logic on HE).

1 Like

Thanks for the reply's, yes I'm using Smart tools but I don't like depending on third party solutions if I don't have to, as that's one reason I left ST.
Not a big deal and just setting heat point is all I really need just don't know how to with a variable.

1 Like

I change the heating setpoint from a local HE dashboard, not very pretty looking on the dasboard, but it works for now.

Create 2 virtual switches, one for heat up and one for heat down. Change their preferences section “enable auto off” from “no selection” or “disabled” to “500ms” to turn it into a momentary switch.

Once you have these 2 switches, create 2 triggered rules in RM that will either turn the heat setpoint up or down when the switch is turned on:

Thanks!