The Value in Hub Protect

I also agree this is a valid position, although I have no problem with HE taking a different position in their business operations. My original post was meant to illustrate the value of Hub Protect and to illustrate how there is no viable business model in simply providing HE users with a cloud backup. Hub Protect comes with three items that could be considered a "value". Cloud Backup, Cloud Backup of Radios, Extended Warranty.

IMHO, the value of the 3 items is as follows:
Cloud Backup: Current Costs of backing up 100 MB (around 25 hub backups) to the cloud over the course of a year = Less than one penny. Clearly there is no "value" or sustainable business model in providing this service. Value $0.005 / year (Basically zero value, due to the cost of cloud storage)
Radio Backup: $15.00/year of value (just my opinion)
Extended Warranty: $15.00/year of value (just my opinion)

As far as subscribing to Hub Protect to simply support the company, IMHO this is detrimental to the company. In essence it is charity and does not help new businesses grow desirable products and services that are competitive in the wider market place. I appreciate the owners of HE and what they have done, but I am not giving them any of my consumer dollars unless they provide me (in my opinion) value for my dollar. They do this, so I am happy to purchase their products and services.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.