The Smartest House Sale on Ecolink Z-Wave Plus motion

I really like these motions, and currently have three in use with Hubitat. They report fast, reset fast, and batteries last a long time. These are usually over $40 on Amazon. Got this coupon code in my email this morning. With this coupon code they are $26.95 until 8/11/18. I ordered one and they charged $3.75 shipping. Still great deal. Total was $30.70

4 Likes

Thank you sir, I took immediate advantage of this. Ordered 3 and got free shipping as well. By far the fastest reporting z-wave motion sensors I've tested. And I've tested a few.

Price at amazon has gone up from the previously 39 to 43. :frowning: So this is a bargain

Do your motions sensors report battery status? If so what device handler are you using?

They do report battery, although I have no idea if it is accurate. No reason to believe it isn't. Mine are currently reporting 100%. Hubitat has a built in driver for these motions.

I have a couple of these. Although the battery life and sensitivity control are great, their reset time is not. At least for the ones I have (which are a couple years old, maybe they've changed) it's something like 3-5 minutes. My Iris and ST Zigbee motions, on the other hand, reset in a few seconds.

Actually one of the three I am using is reporting 99%

Mine reset much quicker than that. If I remember correctly, I think the reset is configured by jumpers.

I know you can put them in a test mode where they'll reset much more quickly, but that will significantly shorten their battery life (I'm not sure by how much, though). Their normal battery life is said to be 5 years, though, so even half that wouldn't be bad.

Seems quick to me

I think I have mine configured in test mode. I have had them for at least 6 months now, and battery life has greatly surpassed my Multisensor 6's, and they react much quicker.

Interesting. I'll try leaving mine on test mode for a while, because the multi-minute reset is annoying.

I keep all of mine on test mode, their batteries outlast every other sensor I've ever tried. By a LONG way. Depends on the traffic, of course but it's an amazing sensor.

1 Like

Add me to the group with excellent battery life despite keeping it in test mode.

Granted, I have three of the non-plus versions of these sensors, so can’t say with certainty the same thing should hold true for the z-wave plus version. Can’t see why it wouldn’t, since z-wave plus is generally better about power management.

Now, where do I need another one of these so I can take advantage of this great deal...:thinking:

I have a mix. More than a dozen. I’m hype on these guys. They do one thing very well. Which is rare.

I set mine to lower sensitivity, it was the pet immunity feature that initially made me check these sensors out.

So maybe that helps with battery life.

OTOH I think I’ve read that setting it to test mode overrides the pet-immunity setting.

So maybe not. :man_shrugging:

Anyone know?

Yes. It overrides the pet setting. There are two pet settings and then Test. Test is instant and total functionality.

It’s unfortunate it’s not configurable disparately between sensitive setting and reset setting.

1 Like

Just got mine in the mail, thanks for the tip!

No problem! Mine arrived today as well