The complete answer for hub replacement == Hub Protect?

I have been waiting to hear about a fix. In the meantime, I have disabled the cloud backups.

Thanks to @nh.schottfam for the added clarity, which is appreciated.

This is the first issue where I think Hubitat needs to spend more time and effort to clarify things. It's all very clear to them (and probably a few experts/super enthusiasts) because they do it every day, but for the rest of us, it's confusing. All most people really want is an ability to "undo bad stuff" e.g., a power spike that fries a hub). If we can do that, we're good. I think most people think they should have the ability to do that via a local backup to, say, a PC or Mac (local being a big selling point of Hubitat). But if it can only happen via a cloud service offered by Hubitat, then just stating that, plainly and simply, is the right move. I don't think anyone is trying to be evasive here. I just think the Hubitat staff and super enthusiasts don't realize just how confusing this is, to many users.

2 Likes

Try this and see if it's what you are looking for:
log in to your hub. Press the green Hubitat logo in the upper left corner. You should be presented with multiple options for information. Select how-to guides, then select "how to backup your hub". There are a few example on this page that include backing up to your computer,
Hope this helps :grin:

1 Like

Hi.

When you say you lose your โ€œlocal filesโ€ when migrating to a new hub from a backup, what does it include?

• Custom Apps??
  • Custom Drivers??
  • Apps config, like Homebridge v2?

I have most of my ZigBee devices using community drivers, will the devices be deleted?

local files are those under Settings | File Manager most people will have nothing there.

2 Likes

No... All your apps, and custom drivers, and even your zigbee info will be transferred. When you repair a zigbee device it will show "Previously know zigbee device added" and take it's place. All your app settings also will come over. The local files referred to are sound and graphic files and the like that you can put in the storage area for custom stuff apps can use...