The best wireless keypad?

any update?

Does anyone know where I can source a compatible keypad? All of the ones discussed in this thread don't see! To be available.

Where are you located?

I'm located in the US - Austin, TX to be specific.

Ebay is your friend, this one works good

Thanks - I had ended up on eBay, just wasn't sure if there was another source out there.

1 Like

I know that Hubitat doesn't have a driver for the Zipato keypad, but it does have some interesting and unusual capabilities.

Does anyone know where this driver is located? I have searched github --maybe it is named something else?-- am I missing something?

The Centralite keypad driver appears to be built-in. Just select it from the dropdown.

1 Like

The Centralite Keypad driver is what you would use for the Iris keypads too.

1 Like

Sorry to resurrect and old post, but has anyone recently bought a keypad in the UK that works. Seems most of the devices mentioned are not available over here, or are discontinued.

Otherwise I guess it’s a trip to ebay.com and see if anyone will shop internationally.

Thanks

Gareth

Take a look at the Zipato z-wave RFID pad. I’m in the UK and running this thanks to a community driver.

Thanks I’ll take a look.

Does it have any status lights to show when the HSM status is armed? Thanks!

Sadly not. But thanks to the driver, there’s no problem pressing home or away more than once.

I also have a tablet close by so you can see the current status.

Ok cool, thanks. I can’t actually see it in stock for sale anywhere, where did you manage to get yours from?

Gareth

I bought mine from Vesternet, although I can’t say I’d recommend them, they really messed my order up.

This ones quite cheap.

I hate to revive this post, but it seems like a pretty decent discussion about z-wave/wireless keypads. I'm surprised these haven't caught on more in the U.S, while I see additional options in the U.K and elsewhere.

I'm trying to find one to use as a programmable garage door opener. I saw the solution to use a wireless lockset built into the wall, but I really don't want to go to that length.

I found these z-wave keypads on alibaba and ordered a few samples which seem to be very promising, however I don't have the details (yet) on how to program or even enable them for inclusion.
They work with both RFID and pin (appears to be default that any pin combination works), I just need programming instructions. 12v wired, so no need to replace batteries. Also include NO/NC leads which open/close via relay when activated, and an internal reset. I plan to program the activation via the hub to activate my z-wave garage door opener rather than direct wire for increased security (prevents ripping off keypad/shorting wires to open).

I've reached out to the supplier for additional info and will provide it here when received.

Meanwhile, I'm interested if anyone else has tried these keypads or has any updated recommendations.

1 Like

I don't know if this will help or if its even the same but. Manual If the keypad is the same the commands may be too. Interesting device...

@N4IRS - thanks!
I also found that manual but the keypad/commands are slightly different. I received the manual from the supplier yesterday:

https://clouddisk.alibaba.com/file/downloadFile.htm?spm=a2700.12243863.0.0.125a3e5fmfbJe1&appkey=OneChat&id=274872087&parentId=274872085&secOperateAliId=MC1IDX1H22xgThVxbdB3NvslYJmA3qoAlUWhlrsqOugzy1QWotxLgmbZ1WaRKD98DC0lEVA

Key portions attached here.

I'm now able to add/change users and demonstrate the lock functionality itself, but when I go into z-wave inclusion Hubitat doesn't respond. Not sure of the next step, off to the custom device drivers community...! The device did say it was the US version, don't believe that to be the issue. I have 2 more, I'll try the others to see if it's the same. Otherwise I need to figure out how to at least recognize the device without a driver.

A little concerned that a factory reset (hold down the reset button ~7 sec) defaults into open mode (any pin combination unlocks the lock), I'm optimistic that can be screened/filtered against the user list in the rules vice sending the valid open command through the network. I probably wouldn't use the lock to activate a mag lock or garage door directly, but the wires could be used to signal other devices or indicators.