Thanks to those making Hubitat what it is

First I want to thank every one of you for making this platform what it is. I had been sitting on the fence for over a year on moving away from SmartThings. I spend about a week moving all my devices over and was able to port 60 out of 62, Both devices will pair but there is no device drive that work.

DanaLock V3 US - Deadbolt (zigbee version)
and
Spruce Soil Moisture Sensor

Overall it was very successful but I really wanted to post that I had turned off my SmartThings hub. Its close but not yet. I have done all I can do trying different drivers but admit I don't have the skill enough to write a driver. I hope you can find the time to help close out my SmatThings chapter.

Thanks again, you all rock!

1 Like

Have you tried manually selecting the Generic ZigBee Lock driver from the device page?

1 Like

Hopefully someone has some advice regarding the two devices you cannot get to work with HE. Like @aaiyar said, did you try the generic Zigbee lock driver for your lock?

In the meantime if you still want to use those two devices, there is an app written by one of the community users called HubConnect that allows bi-directional events between HE and ST. You could still have those two devices on ST but use rules and automations on HE to control them. Just an idea.

Scott

1 Like

He/she is one step ahead of you.

3 Likes

Well there you go LOL.

Yes. I am able to Lock/Unlock but there is no return status report. Can't tell if its unlocked to I would be forced to blindly lock it not knowing if the command took.

Yes, I have been using HubConnect. Without that app I probably would still be sitting on the fence porting over to Hubitat. It's an amazing bit of code.

Be sure to click the CONFIGURE button on the device details page. Any time you manually change the driver and click save, you should also click CONFIGURE to make sure the driver sends the configuration commands to the device. These often tell the device how to report status reports back to Hubitat. This might solve the issue. Worth a try.

2 Likes

I think I did that but its been a blur the past week. I'm going to let everything settle and work any bugs out of the automatons. After that I'll give it another try.