Thank you to the HE staff for Global Variables

THANK YOU for GV's, even in the most simplistic form they are a fantastic enhancement.
Not to mention all the obvious hard work on the device itself, but the overall effect, the overall package, the overall satisfaction I find with this smooth running system!

4 Likes

Yeah if it could be a more globally accepted thing I would love to replace my virtual switches and dimmers with them. I know bits are bits but I would prefer to clear out my device page to actual devices.

4 Likes

Me too. I used boolean GV's extensively with WC as, basically, switches.

Agree. The use of virtual switches/ devices always seems inelegant Vs what GVs might be able to do and may avoid the clutter that accumulates in the device list.

They would need to work with IFTTT for me to fully replace them for me though.

It would be black magic performed by HE staff to make them appear as switches and dimmers to apps if they wanted make it so app developers didn't have to special provisions to include Global Variables, but that depends on A) How they've been implemented, and B) If the powers that be decide that's more helpful than confusing.

I can imagine somebody without knowledge of this seeing their switch list populated with Global Vars being very confused. Just because I would welcome it doesn't mean the vast majority of people would, but one can dream.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.