Mira: Driver to "mirror" devices between Hubitat and SmartThings Edge

I am also interested in this, it would be very useful

1 Like

Can you please send instructions to install this? Very much need a solution and willing to test it out.

1 Like

Interested in trying this. I just moved to a new home and set up HA . Been on SmartThings for years but still need SmartThings for some cloud connected devices not supported in HA.

1 Like

I would like to give it a try. I'm moving from ST to HA, but need to sync some devices not available in HA as of yet, e.g. some cloud integrated devices.

1 Like

Yes I am interested. I was using smartthings but switched to hubitat, needed echo speaks and webcore. Have samsung appliances that can create virtual switch that is seen in hubitat for various reasons. Thanks

Adding you to the project email. For your specific use case you mentioned above, you might a;sp look at HubiThings Replica, its designed to take real ST devices and mirror them to HE over the cloud.

2 Likes

This is just what I was looking for. Got it working. Thanks

1 Like

I’m interested in this as well, I have a few ST items that don’t integrate directly to Hubitat yet and this could help. Great idea!

Mira is about taking HE devices and sharing them as virtual devices on ST. It sounds like you might want to go the other direction (real ST devices reflected to HE), you can try HubiThings Replica.

If you'd like to try Mira, check us out at Mira: Hubitat to SmartThings hub integration Edge driver - Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community.

Realistically, either way could probably work, but my wife might like the familiarity of the app from ST as I figure out how I want my Hubitat dashboards to work. She's not on that app often, but when I'm not home and some lights aren't turning off she get frustrated if there isn't a way to manually kill them (most are only able to turn off from the app due to how I set the relays up)

The stuff on ST are a Lutron under cabinet light string (wrong hub for Hubitat control), some Osram ZigBee lights I'm not adding to the new network, and a handful of Feit wifi color bulbs that work fine (albeit slowly) on ST as they are and I don't suspect will work any better on Hubitat and took some steps to do the first time. Would just be nice to have all my main network things on the one hub and pass sensors back and forth to trigger action.

The actual thing that triggered me to jump to Hubitat was ST losing the ability to use my sleep number bed as a day/night mode trigger that sets the stage for the rest of the day and kills all the lights when we are in bed. Does the mirror to ST app have a good way to signal mode changes from Hubitat to ST, or is there a way to generate a virtual switch to accomplish the same thing? These aren't items I need to pass lightening quick, just make sure that the command ultimately executes based on activity rather than time.

This is the number one use case for Mira for me as well. Using the ST app for a high WAF.

ST devices can't change the ST mode directly, as you mentioned you'd need to have virtual switches with routines setup to do the mode change. Depending on how many modes you have this could get unwieldy, I'm open to suggestions here.

That's true for me as well.

HubiThings Replica can mirror modes bi-directionally, as well as create new ST Modes.

As @coreystup suggests, which approach you choose (Mira or HubiThings) really comes down to where you are going to put/keep most of your devices. I have devices on both ST and HE, but for now at least the majority remain on ST. If things change, who knows, I may end up running both programs. These two developers have given us all some great options.

1 Like

How does that work? I downloaded that app and it said something about not having a subscription for modes or something like that. I didn't look to close at anything though, it's been a long day and I didn't feel like digging too deep tonight.

And sorry if I'm pulling this off topic, you can pm me if an offline discussion is more appropriate here.

I am interested in testing this driver. My use case is mirroring virtual switches on HE to virtual switches on ST. It's mostly one way communication.

Come on over, we're out of testing and anyone can give it a try.

1 Like

Does anyone know if this will work with the new "station" smartThings hub? Looks like that hub will support most BUT z-wave. But that shouldn't matter really using Mirra, because Mirra is just creating mirrored buttons that relate back to the device in HE? Somewhat more or less "triggers" for the event to occur in HE?
If thats not correct thinking, I apologize. I am admittedly ignorant to the finer details with protocols.

I am basically looking for the cheapest way to integrate HE devices into ST because I just got a galaxy watch 4 which is native with ST capabilities. My vehicle also has Android Auto which has ST capabilities. Does not look like there is a way to do this without some type of ST Hub.

Thanks - DrumBum

Hello. I'm currently using Mira to integrate ST and HE. If you still want testers, you can ping me to try a few things. Working decently so far, except it's hard to reconnect after a power failure.

Its full beta now, so let me know any issues.

As far as after a power outage, I could see a couple issues:

• If you don't have both ST and HE hubs being assigned static IP addresses, if they change after a reboot/power outage, there could be a staging problem if one hub is available before the other.
  • Whenever the driver restarts on the ST side (reboot, power outage, refresh, driver code update, etc) it will re-register with HE its IP and port that its listening on. If HE isn't available during this time, I could see where it would be out of sync.

If you see things not communicating across you can always refresh the Mira device by swiping down on its details page. That will re-register the current address and resync all devices.

I may add some additional logic so that if HE isn't available when ST comes up then it at least retries for some period of time. Right now it only tries once and if its not listening, gives up and waits for a manual refresh or another driver restart.

1 Like

It should run on the new hub, as it supports the Edge environment.

Mira doesn't understand anything about zwave or zigbee. It creates virtual devices on the ST side that mirror either physical or virtual devices on the HE side.

Exactly that: HE boots slower than ST. I was remote and refreshing Mira didn't work. My IPs are static. What i had to do was to change the IP configured on my mira device on ST to a bogus IP and back. That worked.

Now I have my ST hub on a ZigBee outlet controlled by HE. You know... just showing who's the boss!