Temp Rule

Hi All,
I have a temp sensor in the room. I have a fan controlled by a Sonos plug. When the temp in the room gets to 25 degrees I want the fan (plug 4) to turn on. When the temp gets back to 22.5 degrees I want the fan (plug 4) to turn off again.
I have read on this forum that I should use "wait for event".
Can someone take a look at this screenshot and confirm if I have done it correctly or not?
appreciate it,
Phil

I've done the same thing but with a heater and temp sensor. The way to go is to use "Wait For Event". This works great and I can manually turn on the heater when needed without affecting the rule.

tested and working perfectly.
Thanks very much, @JoeJ

My only thought is that with '= 22.5' the wait for may not trigger if the temp does not exactly equal 22.5 degrees. I'm not 100% sure it will matter but I would change it to '=<22.5' (equal to or less than) to make sure it gets turned off if it drops below 22.5 degrees

2 Likes

As @Grizzlebeard and @JoeJ shared, using less than or greater than for your trigger and conditions will be more reliable.

2 Likes

thanks all, yes have it working perfectly now with >= and <=

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.