Tell Me It Gets Better

I tried to delete this one, and it just stopped on the next one that also was also working correctly and wouldn't identify the new one either.

I have no idea what is going on, but i'm stuck with 20 or so other sensors im trying to add, and i cant get past this point.

Like you, I am migrating from Iris. Are the devices in question 1st gen devices? If so, then they are currently not supported. That may change in the future. Gen 2 devices are supported.

1st Gen devices I have are the keypad, four contact sensors, one outlet, three keyfobs, and two cameras. I will hold on to them after Iris service ends in the hopes that one day, I will be able to use them again.

I started out with some 2nd gen devices, specifically two a 2nd gen Smart Keypad, two smart outlets and two smart fobs. I purchased an additional smart fob and some gen 2 contact sensors. Since they are supported, I purchased some Bosch motion detectors (Zigbee HA1.2) also. I also have the CT-101 Radio Thermostat, the First Alert Smoke/CO detector, the Utilitech siren and the glass break sensor which are all on the supported device list.

As others have said, it would help to identify what devices you re trying to connect and what generation they are. Also, it isn't enough to remove them from the Iris app. They need to be reset to be able to link with Hubitat if they are supported. There is information on the Iris site on how to do a reset on the various devices so they go back into pairing mode.

Battery powered devices usually need the help of wired devices to relay signals back to the hub. Zwave and Zigbee radios are low powered and may not have the range to connect directly especially if there are walls, appliances, and furnishing in the way.
Please post some details on the brands and model numbers of your devices.

They are all Zigbee Lightify Open/Closed Contact Sensors. Like I said, i added 18 of them with no issues then started running into the problem above. I don't know about the generation issue. I had trouble with them in SmartThings too, ( although I'm not sure if they are the same physical sensors that are causing trouble here) and they were removed from the SmartThings Hub before I switched to Hubitat.

Do you have any powered Zigbee repeaters in your system? You probably need one or two. Like a Zigbee outlet.

I'm sitting right next to the Hub

Does that make a difference?

What sort of trouble did you have? Do you have any Zigbee LED bulbs in your system? Some bulbs make lousy repeaters.

Best plan is to pair a device where it is going to live physically. Otherwise, your mesh gets messed up when you pair in one location and then move to another.

im only adding contact sensors right now, no other devices on the hub

Have you tried updating your hub? There were some improvements to zigbee in the new version.

there were some zigbee improvements in platform version 2.0.6, if you're not running that version you should upgrade, that may help with this.

just updated it, thanks

Can you also try the reset process on one of the devices that doesn't seem to be able to pair?

Also I believe there is a limit on ZigBee for the amount of end devices that can connect directly to the hub. I think 32? So if you don't have any powered repeaters connected aswell you will hit that limit. The powered devices have there own limits but they create more space.

He should have room still, but good point. 18 paired and 20 to go, going to need a repeater in there before the job's done.

@ronjbruno, after reset and pairing attempt, do you get the opportunity to save? There's a thread from SmartThings users that said they had issues where the type was not recognized. So in ST they would appear as "Thing". Here they would appear as "Device". That's typically not a good thing if the others were recognized correctly. You may be able to just edit the device details after pairing if that's the case and change to the correct device type, then save. But do check any that pair like that carefully to see if they're functioning properly.

Are their batteries fresh? If you continue to have issues, you might also try removing one of the batteries from one that did pair without issue and move it temporarily to one that you're having trouble with to see if it will then pair correctly.

Doing better, hub update helped.

I don't know much about Zigbee repeaters...large house, these are for external ground floor windows and doors...what would you recommend?

Depends a lot on future plans. If you never plan to introduce any Xiaomi devices, then there are a number of Zigbee outlets that will do the job. If you do think you might play around with Xiaomi devices at some point, then the two best options are IKEA Trådfri outlets or the new dedicated repeater they have available. Someone posted they're good for around 20 devices. I don't know if this is accurate, just something I read. Can't recall who posted it. They are not expensive, but they are also not that powerful either, so you will need a few of them if you have a large house.

XBee is the best repeater for Xiaomi and other Zigbee devices, but they are a DIY solution. Lots of info and so much easier then it sounds, but expensive and takes time to get them. Have to supply your own case for it too. However, and this depends on which one you get, they are strong, to insanely strong. Like miles for some of the pro models. They double as a tool to look at your Zibee network routing, and that's a nice capability to have.

I'm unfamiliar with the best choice right now, since there's been a lot of changes to the typical solutions from Iris and Samsung. Maybe someone could post a suggestion if either the IKEA Trådfri outlet or dedicated repeater, or the Xbee doesn't sound right for you.

I have to say, I was very, VERY intimidated by the Xbee from the long post on here about them but I have to say, I had mine up and running in about 10 minutes. Super easy to use and all the instructions you need are right there in the forum topic. And, they aren't as expensive as you might think. There's a great place to get them from call Arrow. This is the one that I got. Free overnight shipping...it showed up by 10:00 the next morning and I didn't buy until almost 8pm eastern.

http://www.arrow.com/en/products/xb3-24z8pt-j/digi-international

1 Like

The Ikea outlets for $10 are nice

Sorry for the unproductive rant.

My switches are all ge zwave. At this point I have 3 paired. I still have one more wall switch to add, a dimmer plug, and one Wi-Fi plug needs to be switched over to zwave to be where I was on the Iris. That's not including the NYCE door hinge sensor which is zigbee for some reason, and the schlange door lock.

I removed the switches from the iris hub using the app. Then tries to install to the Hubitat. I also tried the reset procedure of the devices as well and an exclusion in the Hubitat.
I'm working from closest to the to the farthest first.