Tasmota ir bridge no child

I started today to try to integrate a YTF IR bridge into Hubitat. It is my first experience with tasmota and I spent a very happy few hours playing with soldering irons and jumpers. To my surprise it all worked so I have the device running 8.3.1(ir-he). I used the template specified for the YTF. I can receive ir commands and send them through the console. Perfect I thought. I then installed tasmota device manager and the only ir device I could find is the nedis but actually I am pretty sure this is what I actually have. I had to install it manually and it appears to be properly connected. It has not however created a child device, only the parent. Finally, having set all this up how do I actually send it commands from hubitat?

Sorry for being a muppet!

David

OK.

Now have a child, the issue was the 'reset5'. I will say that it is not obvious that you execute the 'reset 5' command in the terminal window of the tasmota device as I spent ages looking everwhere else for it! So.... moving on I now the child device is using a switch device. I think I can change that in the child device settings but I have no idea what to?

Did you make any progress? I just bought one of these on Prime Day.

This is working perfectly for me. The issue was not undersanding how to use the custom command in rule machine which was basically that it is only revealed when you use 'presence' as the device type. I point the IR sender at the device, press the button, look at the string in the device events and then copy and paste it into rule machine. I have them running my bedroom fan and an aircon unit

Nice, Thanks! I'll get mine on Saturday. Did you get to use Tuya Convert to get Tasmota on it? I've got a great jig to snap onto the chip, so I can do either.

No took it apart and used a soldering iron :slight_smile:

Thanks. Crazy thing is I just got everything working this am via CEC over HDMI with the Roku Stick+, Sony TV, and Onkyo AV receiver. The Roku remote is now turning all on/off, and turning the volume up/down for the AV receiver only - exactly what I have been trying to do.
The single Roku remote does it all! Happy Wife, happy Life!

OK, I got tasmota-ir 8.3 HE version on it, I told it to be the YTF Bridge. I added it via Tasmota Device Manager, and it also did not see a child created. I did a reset 5 again, started over, and after that a child showed up.

I also figured out the IRSend syntax from command line. That took me a while!

Edit again! I finally figured it out. I saw the other thread that showed how to use presence, I was putting it all in one string. Once I made it two strings, it worked.

Hi rick

I cant manage to install the child driver . when i sent the reset 5 command , that erases everything and i have to set it up ytf ir bridge again.

{"NAME":"YTF IR Bridge","GPIO":[255,255,255,255,56,51,0,0,0,17,8,0,0],"FLAG":0,"BASE":62}

Yes when you do reset 5 it gets erased. I did configure, other, and paste the above into the module. Click the apply check. Make sure you do the hubitat config if 8.3, or the http config if 8.5.
Once you do both, add them to tasmota.
For me i never used the child, but the parent with Rule machine to send commands. Hope that helps!

I have the Monoprice 35753 IR bridge. I have flashed tasmota-httphook-8.5.1.bin onto it, and I can control IR devices by typing in the following in the console:

irsend{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x00FFB04F"}

I have been struggling with how to make webcore do same. I also don't know how to check the command from withing hubitat (using the send command).

There are NO child devices created by tasmota....

Help?

It is not very intuitive, here is how it works.
Make an action, the capacity of the action device is presence.
Select the presence sensor to act on - choose the IR Parent device.
Select custom command 'sendCommand'
make the string of the command the syntax of the irsend....

If you have issues, break it down into two custom commands, one with just 'irsend' and another with the rest.

I know this sounds very confusing, but it does work. If you got this far, you should be able to get it going. Good Luck!

Rick, appreciate the response, but I don't know what to do with that information.

I've just removed and reinstalled the ir bridge from hubitat / tasmota. The auto detect does not ever find the bridge, but I can install it manually. However, never do I get a child device added.

I'm still not sure what to do for webcore. All I want to do is to send the IRSEND command in webcore so that the bridge fires the IR code. I can do this in a webpage, and the bridge works just fine, but never can I get this to work in webcore. I typically don't use RM in hubitat (too new and intimidating I suppose).

OK. Goal today is to try to get the Monoprice IR bridge to send from Webcore....need help.

This command works just fine in a web browser:

http://192.168.1.2/cm?user=user&password=pass123&cmnd=irsend{"Protocol":"NEC","Bits":32,"Data":"0x00FFB04F"}

however, I cannot get this to execute in webcore. Any ideas?

I've tried web request POST and put the entire string in with a single quote at both ends. Tried same with { and }, tried with GET. Nothing works

PM to me your email. I exported my rule machine rule to turn on an Onkyo receiver with my Tasmota IR bridge. This is way easier than explaining it all.

I would imagine you can import this, and swap out my ir-parent with yours, then modify the send string.

Still trying to get this going. I'm a little more skilled with RM.

Could you show / send me your working IRSEND rule again please?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.