Taking pledges and looking for someone willing to get Wireless Sensor Tags working on Hubitat

I've having the same problem. It's pretty regular and comes in waves of about 30 notifications all at once.

30 notifications at once from just one tag?

Ya.
I also found a null ref type conversion exception on line 68. I’m wondering if it was triggering the problem.
I’m testing and then I’ll PR if it turns out.

UPDATE
Ya that was the problem. Mine doesn't do humidity and it was attempting to do conversions on the null, which was stopping the callback.

2 Likes

Interesting. I have three tags but I don’t get nearly that many of the oauth errors.

Presence (out of range) is not working with the driver. And the hub keeps showing offline, even though the LEDs on the device are showing connected to both and no error codes. So far I'm unimpressed with these things, the mobile app is horrible and the hardware doesn't appear to be working properly.

It's definitely the fact that the manager is losing connection to the cloud services. If I unplug to reboot it works for a while then quits with offline message again.

So far so good on my end. I only use this for temperature so it's pretty cool. Is there a way we can turn off most of the logging?

It's stayed online overnight, so I haven't a clue why it kept going offline. The tags are now showing the OutOfRange notification. They're very slow, however. Not sure if it'll be of any use for that function, or if I'm missing a setting to get them occurring more rapidly.

Seems unusual for these tags. When I was looking into them, most people seemed to report that the signal is very reliable. I have a pretty small apartment so it’s been fine for me as well. And the accuracy/precision also seems to be as good as I was hoping for too.

Totally agree about the WST app. It did take me a while to fiddle with it to the point that each tag was updating with the frequency I wanted it to.

It’d be awesome if that local API could be tapped, no more need for the WST cloud.

2 Likes

The signal is fine within range. Very strong, frequent updates for temperature, better than other BLE stuff I've tried. But the delay to report when the tag has traveled beyond range is very slow. 10 minutes I believe. Not so good for presence detection.

I’m using a handful of these to monitor temp and humidity in a commercial humidor and temp in multiple bourbon display cases. They have been rock solid for close to two years now. I currently have them integrated with ST and use WebCoRE to perform a slew of tasks. I’m about to port a few over to the HE platform and see how they do.

To date my humidity has been accurate within 0.1% and the temperature within 0.2 degrees. These things are amazing, especially for the cost

Cheers

1 Like

My 13 tags are working great with this for the past 3-4 days. My grafana dashboard is now out of control as a result, but that's another story :slight_smile:

@b_h, I got illuminance readings working for Pro ALS tags, and being pushed over through influxdb and grafana. Very crude I fear, but working.

Thanks again for porting this! Is there a way to disable logging? This thing seems to be pretty chatty when it updates.

Thanks!

1 Like

Are you using a single instance of the connect app? I was making my own effort in converting the ST app yesterday, and got it running, but my version seemed to be freaking out when I tried to authorize a second instance of the app.

Here's my slim version of the Wireless Tag Connect app. It's pretty bare bones, but the code is significantly shorter without the callbacks handlers...

@talz13

I'm not sure how to add more than 5 devices. I have more on my account but your device list only ever lists the same 5 even with a second instance installed

What’s the advantage of this?

1 Like

I don't know that there's a big advantage or anything, I've just wanted to get this done since I got my hubitat a couple years ago. Since I'm cutting down on the code, there's less to maintain, and potentially slightly less resource usage.

@talz13, Yes I am using a single instance. It didn't seem necessary to use more than 1 for 13 tags.

Noob question. Loaded in user app code, clicked OAuth, app loaded in app list, devices selected in app configuration, clicked done, but not seeing devices in device list.

Did I miss a step?

Just realizing how old this thread is, still hoping it can be revived. Wondering if my issue comes from the fact I have 2 Tag managers?

Device from both have been showing up the app configuration drop down list of devices, but then randomly seem to go away.

Any thoughts from anyone who has this working appreciated. Would be very cool to get these Wireless Sensor Tags fully into HE.