Tailwind Garage Door Control support

[quote="Ryan780, post:20, topic:24015"]
Do you have a link to the App/DTH from ST for the device?
[/quote]

The are using the new-ish cloud to cloud integration with Smartthings. There would be no app or DTH then. ST finally seem to be getting some traction with that system.

Awesome!

Anything new with this? I just bought a Hubitat and would also like to include my Tailwind garage door opener natively. It's honestly not a huge deal. I do have a seperate contact sensor, but it would be cool to get it working.

2 Likes

I would also like to get my tailwind working with it.

FYI, I googled the persons name and api, and found the thread...

one person even mentions using it for hubitat.

FWIW, I have got it working with IFTTT. The only thing with the way I have it now is that the title status isn't accurate if someone opens the door by another means than the tile. I was pointed to a seperate thread with separate driver and app code but I'm not 100% sure it's going to work for me. When I get time I plan on playing more.

I was looking at IFTTT too. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure out a way to make an inovelli switch light up red when the garage door is left open.

Ah. Yeah, not sure you can do that. I happen to also have another contact sensor with a mercury switch that I used with my last opener, so I got lucky there. Hopefully Tailwind gets full support with Hubitat at some point.

Please upvote my feature request.

3 Likes

Upvoted! Here's to hoping!

2 Likes

Local APIs for Tailwind are now available as a beta. You can email their support alias to have them upgrade your device remotely to enable the APIs.

The API is pretty basic, with a post and a get rest call to open/close or get the status of the device. I have a pretty rudimentary driver working which requires polling if you want to use it as a trigger.

3 Likes

Awesome news! Now to wait for someone that is skilled (not myself) to create a driver/app and put it into hubitat!

I went ahead and put my driver on GitHub... Feel free to give it a shot if you enable the beta on your controller

1 Like

I tested it on my Tailwind, and it worked perfectly. Thank you for putting a driver together so fast.

1 Like

I tested it as well (after Tailwind finally updated my device), and it works perfectly. Thanks!