Sylvania Smart+ RGB bulbs on sale at Amazon

Deal of the day, 4-pack for $28.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B088G2B48D/ref=cm_sw_r_sms_c_api_i_rSodFbNZKZFKW

Are these Zigbee repeaters? I remember something about bad news bulbs, but not the details.

Correctomundo! - Bulbs make bad repeaters.

The link is to a WiFi version that isn't compatible with HE as far as I know. The zigbee ones are repeaters and have terrible reliability except for the RT 5/6 recessed lights. I have had probably 40 A19 RGBWs replaced under warranty but the more recent ones have been lasting. None of my RT5/6 RGBWs have failed in the over 2 years that I have had them now.

Thanks!

Does that mean these are BAD for my mesh, or just not HELPFUL?

I looked them up here and it seems like some people have many of them... so hopefully, just the latter.

Oh, thanks. I looked up "SMART+ bulb" here and thought they were Zigbee, but missed the model number.

1 Like

They can make things unstable. I have sylvania lightify bulbs, but I have everything bulbs and strips running on a separate hubitat hub and linked to the main hub. If you have 1 or two, you'll probably be ok, but any more than that, you'll start to notice the problems.

Yes, they work well on their own mesh. You can typically get the RGBW bulbs for under $10 so the extra hub was worth it for me.

1 Like