Switch State Change Detection

I have linear and GE switches. I understand that there is (apparently) and issue with Hubitat detecting state change of certain switches, but Smartthings does not have that issue, so I am struggling with why Hubitat cannot make this work.

I tried using rule machine to poll, but for some reason, that does not work well at all. The lights toggle on and off at random times for no apparent reason. I have three dimmers and a non-dimming desk lamp. Every time I turn off one of the dimmers, the desk lamp starts flashing. I've tried differnt polling intervals up to 15 seconds (which frankly is the limit of how long I'm willing to wait) and the desk lamp toggles faster than every 15 seconds, so I do not know what is going on.

Polling is a kludge anyway.

Why can't Hubitat detect the state change of these switches?

I REALLY want to leave Samsungthings, and I love what I am seeing here, but if I cannot get a simple switch to work, that makes it difficult to use Hubitat.

Thank you for any assistance.

That's how ST gets around the problem.

Hubitat doesn't blindly poll everything because that's not an efficient solution. Instead, you can use Rule Machine to specifically poll the devices that need to be polled.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.