Switch for shades - Up/Down/stop

I have a large motorized shade for my living room. It currently has a rocker switch that has 3 positions - up/down/stop (middle position it stops). Is there a z-wave equivalent switch I can install? If so, any recommendation on brand/model?

Do your shades run on 12 or 24v DC or 120v AC or 240v AC? What voltage does the switch have to support?

1 Like

120v AC. I looked at the existing switch and it looks like a "Single Pole, Double Throw, Center Off" type switch. The sides of the switch have A1/B1 connectors.

After exploring more, it looks like this is the wiring configuration...

• Black (hot) wire from power source to the (L1) screw
• Black wire from the shade motor to the (B1) screw
• Red wire from the shade motor to the (A1) screw
• White (neutral) wire from the shade motor to the white
(neutral) wire from power source

I'd love to be able to have this setup with a z-wave switch.

You can use either Aeotec Nano Shutter or Qubino Flush Shutter. I haven't actually installed these, but have the same arrangement that you describe. I am using the now discontinued Aeon Micro Motor Controller. Its driver includes up, down and stop.

Hi Bravenel

I'm also using the Aeon micro motor controller. it function properly except for the external switch. I'm not being able to change the switch type so that the device can up, down, and stop. currently it only geos fully down ir fully up. Stop diesnt work

Any huint on what should I do ?

Ton

What driver are you using?

I'm using the Aeon Motor Controller device type.
I also tried Qubunio Shutter module

plz note that it works properly using the app buttons, it's just that the external physical switch Stop button doesn't work. it either goes up all the way or down all the way

I'm suspecting it's the switch type setting that need to be changed but I'm unable to change it. I have other similar devices on other windows that work quite well but I can't recall how I changed the setting there

I’ll pull up the parameter documentation and get this added

Oh that would be great !!
Thanks bcopeland !

Just to clarify.. Which model is this?

Aeon Micro Motor Controller

When do you think this would be done ?
Thx,
T