Switch Bot Hub 2

Anyone get their hands on a switch bot hub2? Their curtain robots seem to work very well. Also how does matter work from hub to hub?

They advertise local control next month (I know never bet on unreleased features)

1 Like

Looks like this hub hasn't even been released yet. Matter won't matter for Hubitat until they release support, which they've hinted they're working on for later this year; it's not clear if SwitchBot actually supports it now either (or will upon release, I guess) or if they also plan on adding it via an update later, or maybe it depends on the device; they say both "supports HomeKit via Matter" and "you can connect Hub 2 to your smart home ecosystem to implement Matter over Wi-Fi in the future" (emphasis mine).

I'd be curious to see if what you mentioned is a local API, as the only option I see now is a cloud API (which I believe there is a community integration here for). I might actually consider this for some odd use cases (they make devices for some things that are hard to find otherwise...) if they did. Or maybe that's what Matter will do for them. :man_shrugging:

I'm hopeful this integrates well, as I've been hunting a thermostat solution for a bunch of rooms, some with split systems and one with a need for humidity.

I just plugged in my Hub 2 and disconnected my Hub mini. I have not fully explored the device yet. I have 7 Switchbot blind-tilt devices and since it was on special the outdoor thermometer/humity sensor. Currently the blinds use the Hubitat community driver - cloud based I believe. Those appear to work just fine after the switch. So, no harm from installing it and unplugging the mini.

Hub 2 can only move 6 devices into Homekit/Matter. That is a problem for me. There is a 'beta' group facility in Hub 2 so I created 3 blind groups. Those could be moved to Homekit but Homekit doesn't see them correctly. More to learn there. One of the thermometers is sort of visible in Homekit but it acts like it is only half-there. I know that is a bad description.

Yes, my integration uses their cloud-based API.

I recently added Hub 2 support, including supporting the sensors built in to the hub. This is an upgrade over the original Hub Mini, but you should also be able to run both SwitchBot hubs at the same time if you want to. It'll be seamless to my integration, and I assume their cloud will just sort it out.

I haven't found much public info about their local device support, but I will take a look at it when they publish info to see if it could be supported.

@tomw i have the curtain 3 device but it’s not adding for some reason? Is there support for curtain 3? Thanks for the assist again!

I just got my C8 Pro and i got the Switchbot Hub 2 to add to Hubitat! The problem is that is doesn't carry over the curtains and blind controllers as child devices. is there something else i need to do or is the Hubitat Matter integration not there yet?

2 Likes

There is a custom Matter Bridge integration in development right now. If you are interested to give it a try, let me know to send you an invitation for joining the alpha-testing group.

1 Like

I would love to try it.

2 Likes

Add me please

@roger.castro the [RELEASE] Matter Advanced Bridge (limited device support) drivers package is released now. The Switchbot curtain/blind controllers should be working via Matter bridge.