Swap Apps Device works great - Except how do I delete the old device (same as new)?

Here are the scenario/steps:

• I successfully updated the firmware on a Zooz Zen21 V4.0 Z-Wave Switch
  • Switch became disconnected from the hub
  • I tried adding (via Z-wave inclusion) the switch to the hub in the hopes of it being recognized as the existing switch.
  • Instead the switch was recognized as new
  • I successfully used Swap Apps Device to move all connections to; webCoRE & webCoRE Pistons, Amazon Skill Basic Rules, Devie Monitor App, Z-Wave Mesh Details App, Dashboards and Minimotes, and Google Home, to the new switch.
  • I've renamed the new device to the old device name and the old device to something else.
  • Everything is working as it should EXCEPT, I now have a disconnected device in my device list that I want to eliminate.

I have two questions:

1. Why did the old device become disconnected from the hub when I updated the firmware? I have five other similar switches I'd like to upgrade, but not with this amount of difficulty if I can help it.
  2. What's the best way to eliminate the old, disconnected switch from the device list? The two have different device IDs. So can I just force remove it?

Update on this question: Since the old and new switch listings had different Z-wave device IDs, I felt there was little danger of creating an issue by force-deleting the old switch listing (the one that was no longer connected). So, I force-removed it and I was successful. It no longer is listed and there are no ghost devices. I rebooted the hub to ensure no further issues.

With that out of the way, I would still like to know the answer to question #1 please:

1. Why did the old device become disconnected from the hub when I updated the firmware? I have five other similar switches I'd like to upgrade, but not with this amount of difficulty if I can help it..

IIRC there is an old thread somewhere that stated that updating these always requires you to remove and re-pair afterwards.

1 Like

I had the same situation. But when I force removed the old one it still shows up as ghost device in my Zwave list. Haven’t been able to get rid of it.

Thanks for the information. Well, I guess if I want to update the other Zooz switches, I at least know the procedure.

Don't know what your hub version is, but I did this on a C8, so maybe that's a difference?

On a c8 also

I found the thread here. Very informative!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.