Swann One Key Fob SWO-KEF1PA - Driver Request

Don't bother.
I grabbed one, just out of interest and it only "sort of works".

It pairs easily and is detected as "Device".
The Panic button registers immediately when pressed.
The other buttons register only when they are double pressed and even then, only after 20 seconds or so. Weird.
I played around with some "delay" settings in the driver code which did nothing, but I'm just a "trial and error", guy. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks. Shame. Odd that it works with SmartThings and not on HE. Hopefully some clever sod comes up with a fix. I'm like you - 'trial and error' is my default mode of operation in this space. :thinking:

I could only find mixed comments from other platforms so like you I thought I'd give it a short.
I hoped that it'd also act as a presence sensor so I grabbed one from Kogan's for under $30.
It doesn't !
It's a very nicely built Fob but I really have no need for it now that I know it doesn't do presence.

No Mate,
I got it to stay on for a week. But falls offline after a period of time.
Also, once you press the centre button (emergency button). All other buttons become unresponsive for a period of time.
Sorry to bare the bad news. I am disappointed in this piece of sh*t too...
Unfortunately, companies don't follow the zigbee standard sometimes! :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe someone can port the new updated 2019 Smartthings driver to Hubitat.
The updated driver is said to remove disconnect issues. I would love to do it, but don't have the coding capabilities... :frowning:

Just when I thought we could tap into the trove of Swann One used equipment hitting Gumtree from people frustrated with the stinking POS they had been trying to get to work reliably. Yet again, they disappoint. I've been trawling around trying to find a fob or presence sensor that might work well with HE to arm/disarm security devices. I saw a thread about using phones to do it. Have you played around with anything else successfully?

I know... Gumtree great for that.
I would recommend taking a look at the Life360 app and the HE driver and app.
Works quite well in Oz with free version and not too hard on battery

Thanks. Shall do.

I'm at work right now but I'm pretty sure the driver code I used was the latest and was ported by the great @ogiewon
If so, then what I reported is how it is. :cry:

1 Like

I've got my houses iphones working HSM (arm/disarm) perfectly via iphone Presence + Locative + Wifi.
So much so the wall mounted keypad is now used only by visitors.
This is an interesting THREAD as I've been wanting to get a presence sensor for the cars.
I've now got one of the @iharyadi sensors which I've yet to find time to play with.

Thanks for that. We're a mixed family - wife has an iPhone and I have an Android phone. I've got some research to do.

Yep unfortunately I am using @ogiewon 's modified 2019 driver.....

1 Like

Bugger

Which @iharyadi sensor have you got?

I got it back in May/June. I believe it was from the last batch but I’ve been consumed by work and family life so haven’t had a good stretch of time to set it up.

Just so you know... I don’t have one of these devices. I simply helped tweak the driver to get it to compile on Hubitat. I have no idea what other changes may be necessary.

I hope you are able to get it working.

Hi Dan,
I gathered that from the earlier conversations and really appreciate the assistance you’ve provided . Thx :+1:t2:

1 Like

Hi @ogiewon. It sounds like we need to send you one! :wink:

LOL - I am not a Zigbee driver expert, at all. I only made a few tweaks to resolve some errors due to porting from ST to HE.

I personally love my Pico remotes!

Just reporting in, that the weirdness continues with this Fob.
A quick double press of the Panic button registers this in HE logs;

Pressing Home, Away or Night buttons do nothing.
Pressing those 3 many times does nothing.
Holding those 3 does nothing.
Like I said weird because clearly the Fob has not "dropped off" the Mesh !

What I'd like to do is have the Fob send out Panic every 60sec or so so that then I could embed the fob into a "car presence sensor".
Hey @mike.maxwell, any tips on whether this would be possible with this Zigbee device and a pointer as to where to start ??