Support needs to contact me!

@bobbyD Can you help?

1 Like

Tagging @support_team

1 Like

The support ticketing system changed months ago. I am not certain that they use that email any longer. Not sure where you even found that email, it has been removed from the https://support.hubitat.com page from what I can tell.

The new thing is to post here, and support can be summoned as a couple of the others above me did.

2 Likes

Curious, do you by any chance have a VPN connection into the network that hub is on?? If so you could go into it that way and do the firmware upgrade (and actually any remote admin tasks) yourself. I know its a long shot. Just brain storming. I just a use a VPN to access my hubs, no need for a subscription to do that.

Big long-weekend holiday, so if you started sending the emails over the weekend then not too surprising if you haven't heard from anyone in Support yet. Regardless you should hear from someone on Tuesday.

In the meantime, unfortunately there's not much any of us can do to help you, unfortunately. Very frustrating for you, sorry that's happening.

If you can provide the same details as this user provided earlier, someone will be able to help you.

1 Like

The most common reason Remote Admin stops working is when user is on a monthly service and payment time lapses more than 3 days due to delays in processing, often the Bank rejecting the renewal charge. If you see the service on hold, on the Subscriptions page at my.hubitat.com, that means the bank rejected the payment, and the service expired.

2 Likes

Make sure you enter the MAC address as shown on the hub, which is without colons.

As an active Remote Admin subscriber, you can update the hub from the Remote Admin portal, without the need to actually connect to the hub, assuming that the hub is connected to the cloud. Just log on the following page:

https://remoteaccess.aws.hubitat.com/

then select "Update Software".

2 Likes

@bobbyD Isn't there a minimum software version required for remote admin?

You can only subscribe if the hub is on version 2.2.7 or newer.

2 Likes

Newer? Or older?

That sentence has a double negative. So "newer".

2 Likes

Updated... :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Perfect. Now it isn't not clear. :wink:

5 Likes

I can see and use my dashboard.
Remote Admin sends software update but the hub fails to respond to it.

Any ideas? I can also see my hub details screen but I did not post it here for security reasons.

Well that seems to be the issue. Remote admin requires a higher level of fimware than is on your hub. It shows in red that your firmware on the hub is incompatible until you can get in and update. Can anyone go to your place and run the update for you?

1 Like

No. Not possible there. Unless Hubitat support has a way to get in, I can't do anything.

Yeah I don't think they have that ability... :frowning:

1 Like

Because there is no way to get into the house, or because you have nobody that you can trust?

It is a long shot, but if you have someone in the area you trust, you could give them your wifi network password, and they could probably do everything from outside the home. They would just need your hub IP address, and you could walk them through the update procedure.

4 Likes