Support Frustrations

Ok, this is the 2nd time I'm bringing this up and frankly, it's starting to piss me off.

I love the Hubitat platform and community, but there is no reason that when I submit a support request to Hubitat directly regarding something with my account or billing, etc, that I should have to keep following up to get a response. It's maddening. I submitted a ticket 15 days ago. I received the auto-responder right away saying someone would get back to me, then nothing.

Also, this new ticket is semi-related to an old ticket I went back and forth with them on months ago and never reached resolution.

Hubitat customers should be able to have confidence that if they submit a request, it will get followed up on within a timely manner. Currently, it feels like requests go into a black hole. :cry:

Tagging @bobbyD

2 Likes

The support process changed a while back. Possibly nobody was actually getting your tickets. The change was about the time of this post: New customer support portal

For the most part, the newer procedure is to post and tag support here on the forums. And 672southmain did that for you, so bobbyD should handle this shortly.

2 Likes

Hmm ok but this ticket has sensitive account info in it and I donโ€™t want it public, so how does that work?

Also, there auto-reply should be turned off then cause I submitted the ticket and figured I was good to go based on their auto reply.

You post something generic like "I need billing help" and tag support.

They will ask you to PM them with your info.

Users can have confidence that someone will get back to them for billing related questions. The workflow has changed slightly and the auto-respose to the email reflects the change. For future inquiries related to billing question pertaining subscriptions, please use the following form:

With that being said, while you are here, please send me a private message with your account/billing questions. I'd be happy to further assist you, or to pass your message to someone who can.

2 Likes

Hmm ok. I run an IT company and deal with lots of customer support channels. Iโ€™ve never encountered one like this. They are all email a ticket, done.

I find this verbiage/workflow confusing.

First, if i had a billing question I'm not sure i would think to click on "Subscriptions". I think if it was "Account/Subscriptions" that would be a better clue.

Second, if you do click on the form in Subscriptions, you get a dropdown with some non-subscription-y reasons

This makes me wonder if im in the right place?

Lastly, if you click the Subscriptions image you get a 404 (hard coded IP address URL http://162.243.167.40/subscriptions-warranty/) If you click Learn More you get taken to the form.

4 Likes

They may seem not related, but they are. They are the options for submitting an extended warranty claim for Hub Protect subscribers. For any other questions, there is the catch all "Other" option.

2 Likes

Good catch! Thanks for pointing that out. Will get it fixed.

2 Likes

It still seems confusing. :slight_smile: I would second guess if I was in the right place.

Another suggestion: a form that i need to fill in all my info (that should all be available from my.hubitat.com account info) is kinda frustrating. If I had a billing issue with Hub Protect, I sign into my account under my.hubitat.com, then submit a request from inside there. System knows me, my hub mac address, etc without me having to look up anything.

2 Likes

This is now fixed, thanks again for your feedback.

4 Likes