Support for Bond hub

Just installed it and it's working thanks heaps mate. On a side note, is there a way to add the stop option onto an existing tile e.g. can it function like the ceiling fans do but instead have open, closed and stop as a selectable option? My guess is this one is likely a HE limitation for the shade capability but figured i'd ask.

On a dashboard tile? I don’t think that is something I can do. I think it would need a custom tile and I don’t think that is something he supports

Yeah mate on the dashboard, currently it only allows open and closed for the shade. I suspect HE doesn't support it like it does for fans, thermostats etc. I might pop in a feature request although I am sure it wouldn't be high on the list.

They'd need to probably change the capability. They only support open() and close(). While I can add custom commands (like the stop() I added), I don't think you can modify the dashboard tile to trigger them.

1 Like

:exploding_head: @dman2306 @stephen_nutt @jchurch y'all are awesome. This is something we've been talking about adding to Bond for a while but haven't gotten around to yet. You guys just made it happen in <24h. Hats off.

When we do eventually have a "SetPosition" action available for shades (along with a property for setting how long it takes for your particular shade to fully open or close) we will let you know and perhaps you can update your driver to take advantage of to make the experience a bit more seamless.

2 Likes

No worries. Also thanks for reminding me about logging the feature request which I have completed here.

2 Likes

Hi... I updated the firmware on my Bond Hub to v2.10.21 this evening. I only have 1 fan on it and it'd been working just fine both from the IOS app (v2) as well as HE.

After the update, the fan stopped working from HE. So I went ahead and also updated the Bond App and driver (Bond Fan with Direction) since I had not done that for quite some time. I noticed there were very recent updates to the app and driver so I thought it'd be a good idea to get up to date specially because of the firmware upgrade. I know the updates took place OK because I now see the 'PayPal' logo to donate (which I will definitely use).

The issue: When I click on Apps/Bond Home Integration, fill in my Hub IP (tripled verified plus is a reserved IP), then fill in my Token (copied/pasted from the Bond App) and then click NEXT, I keep getting a Connection Error: "Unable to retrieve devices. Please verify your BOND Hub ID and Token".

The logs show the following every time I try to connect to the Bond Hub:

app:5292020-04-24 01:10:16.562 am errorgetDevices: null

app:5292020-04-24 01:06:14.397 am errorgetDevices: null

app:5292020-04-24 12:43:35.621 am errorgetDevices: null

The Bond IOS app definitely has the fan and I can control it from the iPhone no problem, but I can't figure out why getDevices is failing.

I've rebooted HE and the Bond Hub a few times, but no cigar. I even downloaded joshualyon's version of the Bond App for HE, but I get the same results retrieving devices when trying to connect.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions you can provide!!

If you go into the Bond app, is everything working fine there? That "null" means the IP is definitely correct but it also means when I request the devices I'm not retrieving anything from the BOND. Just want to make sure that the firmware upgrade didn't some how blank out your devices?

@dman2306 - Thanks for your quick reply...

Yes, all works fine from the Bond App. It shows 1 device associated and all commands to the Fan from the app work correctly.

The only thing I have not done is remove the device from the the bond hub or the bond hub itself in the app and start from scratch. I've been trying to avoid this approach because the fan is used in a few rules in HE, part of a some groups, controlled by Lutron Pico remotes and exposed to Alexa and Sharptools,

Thoughts?

1 Like

Let's try to debug if you have a little time, I just pushed out a small logging change to the app, could you please install that and send me the errors? It now logs the HTTP error that occurred which will help me try to figure it out.

Sure thing... here's the response:

app:5292020-04-24 10:59:10.698 am errorgetDevices: 401 - null

btw, I had to change one of your '[' to '{' on the line you added (typo) ... lol

Oops! So a 401 is Unauthorized which means it thinks the token is bad. The IP is definitely correct if we're getting that, but I think something is up with the token. Can you verify there isn't accidentally a space before/after the token?

Yes sir... already did that and it's all good from what I can see. Currently chatting with Bond tech support to regenerate the Token to see if that helps!

Ok if that does not work let me know and we can keep troubleshooting. 100% the IP is correct though so we can rule that out.

Bond tech support asked me to send pics of my bond pin, bond app, token and HE error logs... they'll escalate to an engineer and get back to me via email... I'll let you know when I know more!

Thanks so much for your help!

1 Like

They have my contact info if they need something from me.

1 Like

Great! Thanks for letting me know so I can point them in your direction if needed.

@dman2306 - Got word from Bond. The re-issued a new Token and all went back to normal. They're still investigating what could have caused the problem in the first place and may get back to me with root cause. In the meantime, things are working just fine in HE world.

Thank you so much for jumping in to help. Much appreciated.

Be safe and stay healthy!

Great, glad it's sorted out! If you hit any other issues let me know.

Maybe I’m not looking in the correct place but I can’t figure out if bond will support my fans I have 3 fans controlled by harbor breeze remotes. Any idea of this would be supported by bond?