Support for Bond hub

wow what a successful collaboration here. Impressed with this community

3 Likes

I have one fan light that gets out of sync consistently. I will fix its tracked state thru Bond App and it quickly becomes out of sync again but it never gets back in sync. I would think whatever is causing it to get out of sync would get it back in sync at a later time. I am using a Pico thru the Lutron Hub to HE to Bond to control the light. My other 3 fan lights controlled the same way don't seem to have same problem. It only really matters when using dashboards and I don't use them much so this isn't a huge deal. It just bugs me.

Is there anyway to get to the "Fix Tracked State" control in the Bond App from HE? It would be a lot easier if I could fix the out of sync state from HE instead of having to open Bond. I would love to put a tile next to the Fan Light tile to fix the fan light's state.

1 Like

I'm having a strange issue where I have one fan I recently set up in the Bond app, then added to Hubitat, but it won't turn on the fan or light via Hubitat. The Bond app works just fine. When I press the button in hubitat to turn the fan or light on, it says it's on, and I see the Bond device flash while it's issuing the command. What's odd is it worked for a few minutes, but then stopped working. I also tried deleting and re-adding, but getting the same. This is on one of the Hampton Bay zigbee controllers. I have a second fan with the same remote and it works just fine in Hubitat.
Any suggestions, or anyone else have this type of issue?

I know some may be wondering why I wouldn't just use the Zigbee. I constantly am having the zigbee to this fan dropping, so wanted to try a different route.

Hmm, I also noticed issues controlling my Hampton Bay fan with HE also. I programed a PICO to control it last night using Bond and it worked fine for a few times and then it just stopped working.

I'm going the zigbee route now but who knows how long it will stay on my zigbee network.

You can try adding a delay between receiving the PICO command before telling Bond Bridge to transmit. 2s should be enough, but you could experiment with shorter.

Without that delay, the Bond Bridge starts transmitting before the PICO stops.

I posted a whole long thread where I couldnt figure out the cause of my problems and @bond-merck suggested that what was happening was what he described above. I could actually watch the Pico LED continue to blink after a button push and still be blinking when Bond hub started blinking that it was sending commands. Evidently, the Bond hub and Picos operate on similar frequency.

He suggested a .3 second delay and they worked but I was still having issues with one of my fans in particular getting out of sync. I recently swapped the Picos that controlled my 3 fans with other remotes I already had installed somewhere else. It was 2 Eria dimmers and an RGBGenie. Since then, no issues getting out of sync and since I didn't have the .3 second delay, they are faster to respond.

1 Like

Excellent. I will be testing this tonight. This sounds exactly like the issue I am having with the PICO remotes.

Just listened to Richard Gunther's Home:On Episode #133 with Zohar Shinar. This is a much more interesting product than I originally saw out of the gate.

@bond-merck Hoping to hear mention and listing of Hubitat Elevation as a supported platform in future interviews.

After listening to the podcast I purchased it. Received it last night. Setup was simple.

They have a local api that is published so I put together a quick app/driver for it. There is a community driver but I like to make smaller very stripped down drivers just for my needs. It was really easy with the local api. Its a good api. My only gripe is that you have to poll for device status as there is no UDP support to handle it on HE.

I put the hub in my basement with the rest of my hub collection and it now I have full control over my fireplace now via HE/Alexa etc...

Kinda excited for tonight when the wife is around and I say "alexa,turn on the fireplace". Thats how i introduce her to new things. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@dman2306 Is there any way in your integration to get to the "Fix Tracked State" in Bond App.

1 Like

Finally getting this to work with the correct delays. Thanks again. "Fix Tracked State" as you suggested in HE would be ideal.

Hey Guys thinking of getting a bond. I'm ASSuming fan does not relay info back to bond, which could be shown in hubitat. As I don't believe the RF remotes on these fans provide state feedback, like say an on command is sent to fan, fan would not ack the command.
Is that correct?

If someone uses the fan's RF remote to change the state of the fan, then neither Bond nor Hubitat is going to know it.

1 Like

Correct.

I was aimlessly looking thru the Bond Local API page (http://docs-local.appbond.com/) since I don't know how to use it but I found this. The first says how you can get the state of a device:

Just below it is a section that describes what to do to correct the state which seems to be exactly what I am looking to find:

The http requests for both are identical but for the first it says GET /v2/devices/{device_id}/state and the 2nd says PATCH but the URL is identical. In my limited knowledge, I know about GET and POST but not PATCH.

Does that 2nd section mean that its possible to "Fix Tracked State" like I have been searching using an HTTP request so that I can do it from HE? If not HE, another option? Node Red?

Please feel free to speak to me like a 1st grader because this is all Greek to me. Thanks for your help.

Sorry maybe I missed a post. What functionality are you looking to have added?

I was hoping this functionality could be in Hubitat somehow without having to go to the Bond app.

1 Like

Ok. I haven’t used that feature. What does that toggle do?

The picture he posted has Bond believing the state of the Light is off. You would toggle it to on if the light is actually "on". You would use state when you just have Bond controlling the light.

I believe it is called Tracked State in the app.

It lets you change the status of the light in Bond app without sending an On/Off Command. It's useful when the significant other uses the original RF remote for the fan and the light gets out of sync. If this functionality could be incorporated into your integration, that would be awesome. If its easy to just send a Patch Request as I mentioned in my previous post, that's fine too. I had just never heard of a Patch HTTP Request and don't know the context to do one.