Sunrise Sunset form mask issue in simple rules

I was using SA utilizing a similar rule and experienced an issue. Wanted lights to come on at 6:15 am and go off at 10 + sunrise. The lights would turn on as expected but would not go off 10 + sunrise. Location, time zone, and time all correct. My opinion is there is a bug within SA concerning sunrise/sunset offsets. I ended up moving the rule to RM.

Could be... Will investigate.

I see .140 update just released with a bullet point of SA fixed sunrise/sunset offset. Should I go back to my original SA rule? @bravenel

No, that was a fix for Basic Rule time restrictions.

Roger that

So the SA rule set to exactly Sunset and Sunrise also work as expected. As I've already tested the before and after, I'm assuming the fault lies with them or in the mask somewhere...

For now, I'm going to use Rule Machine as it seems less buggy.

2.2.6.139 was broken for sunrise rules in rule machine. I just pulled down 140, We'll see if things turn off tomorrow morning...

Hah! Am trying the same thing. Let's compare notes... :laughing:

Everything ran fine for me. System events show correct. Browser time is in sync, and location is right where it should be. As of yesterday, I'm also on 226 .140

I'm seeing SA offsets as the culprit here.

Hi Marcus (@mtate)
Looking at your Time Zone I see you have GB.
I now people in the UK have had issues with DST etc. when they have something other than using the time zone Europe/London.
I wonder if this is what is causing your issues. :thinking:
Just a thought.

Hi Bobbles. I'm happy to change it, but I note that this (default) code is correctly calculating BST (British Summer Time), and I can't image what else Europe/London would do...?

In addition, as the above RM code ran correctly for me last night, that indicates that HE actually has it right, and there is just a glitch with the SA implementation.

Do you concur?

Sure do. It was more of an observation really. I know people have had issues with sunrise/sunset and changing to Europe/London straightened things out. Thinking about it it may have been with people picking GMT as a time zone.
There is something strange going on though if it works in RM4.1 but not in SA.

I think my sunset trigger not working has more to do with Z-wave being down intermittently on my Hubitat. It is a 2.2.6 issue in and of itself, it was stable and working perfectly on 2.2.5

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.