Sunrise -15 not working

I noticed that my undercabinet lights were still on this morning at 9:50 and when I looked at the Rule it says that my condition of sunrise -15 is TRUE. I tried to edit it to see if it would correct it but it didn't. Is this a bug?

1 Like

What time is sunrise? Could it be before 6:00 AM? If so, then it would be true all day long, between 6:00 AM and sunrise -15 tomorrow.

That is the problem! Thanks!

I've got a bunch of stuff like that. I came up with a mode "Dawn", that is set by a rule. It only happens during the dark half of the year.

That’s interesting. What does the rule look like? Because I find it a pain having to adjust all these rules throughout the year.

The restriction is critical. 5:00 AM is just before the earliest sunrise of the year (in Arizona, no DST). So pick that time for your location. Otherwise you fall into the same problem your rule had with it wrapping around the clock.

So, based on this if sunrise is after 6:00am then it will not turn to Dawn, right? So if you have lights going on if the mode is Dawn, they will only turn on if the sunrise is before 6:00am. Could you just put the restriction of between 5:00am and sunrise into the rules themselves?

I use Dawn with Motion Lighting. When we're up while still dark in the winter, we don't want to be blasted by full bright lights, nor do we want the low level of night time lights.

You are correct that this time of year Dawn never happens.