Summary type notification?

When mode turns to night I would like to get a notification with the status of several sensors. I am probably searching the wrong terms but I am coming up blank on how to do this anyone done this and can point me in the right direction?

You could certainly do that with Rule Machine. Should be a fairly easy rule to create, I don't know of any apps but maybe someone will chime in with something.

I am comfortable with rule machine, I am just not sure how to properly format the wild cards to get the correct device status.

This is my rule to check for and announce open windows:

Perhaps if you gave a more specific example someone could help you come up with something.

Have you tried Hubitat’s built-in Notifications app?

I am looking for the Lock/Unlock status of the lock named "front door lock" and the open close status of a virtual contact sensor named "home perimeter".

Can you include different types of sensors in one notification with the app?

Look at the built in Notifications app it might do what you want.

[edit]Just noticed junk already suggested this.

looks like it can only send a notification for one device type...

Yes, but you can create more than one.

True but thinking about it notifications doesnt work because I dont want the lock unlocking to be the trigger, I want mode to be the trigger.

Not sure this will help much, this is my check I do based on putting the system in night mode at a specific time and checking doors and locks at the house. I could have easily put in notifications in any area but I instead let it all route to the bottom if any door or lock is not closed or locked and then send me a message.

IF (Front door open(F) AND
Front door Lock locked(T) OR
Front door Lock unlocked(F) [FALSE]) THEN
ELSE-IF (Front door closed(T) AND
Front door Lock unlocked(F) [FALSE]) THEN
Lock: Front door Lock
Wait for condition: Front door Lock locked TRUE --> timeout: 0:01:00
END-IF
IF (Laundry door open(F) AND
Laundry door lock locked(F) OR
Laundry door lock unlocked(T) [FALSE]) THEN
ELSE-IF (Laundry door closed(T) AND
Laundry door lock unlocked(T) [TRUE]) THEN
Lock: Laundry door lock
Wait for condition: Laundry door lock locked FALSE --> timeout: 0:01:00
END-IF
IF (Mode is I'm Away(F) AND
Laundry door lock, Front door Lock all locked(F) AND
Laundry door, Front door, Patio door, Garage door all closed(T) [FALSE]) THEN
Notify Pushover: '10pm Everyone is Away - all doors are closed and locked!'
Exit Rule
END-IF
IF (Mode is I'm Home(T) AND
Laundry door lock, Front door Lock all locked(F) AND
Laundry door, Front door, Patio door, Garage door all closed(T) [FALSE]) THEN
Mode: Night
Notify Pushover: '10pm all doors are closed and locked, mode changed to Night!'
ELSE
Notify Pushover: 'ALERT: 10pm Some doors and/or locks are open or unlocked - Don't forget to close doors and lock manually!'
Wait for condition: Laundry door lock, Front door Lock all locked FALSE --> timeout: 2:00:00
Wait for condition: Laundry door, Front door, Patio door, Garage door all closed TRUE --> timeout: 2:00:00
Mode: Night
Notify Pushover: '10pm all doors are closed and locked, mode changed to Night!'
END-IF

Under restrictions, you can set it to only run in certain modes. I am not sure, however, if the mode change would trigger the rule or if the lock would have to open after the mode changed or if it is open when the mode changes.

I wrote this app to do some of what it sounds like you're asking (despite the name, it can be just a notification and not TTS if you want):

However, I don't have mode change as a "native" trigger. You could create a virtual switch that (momentarily) turns on with mode change and use it to trigger the app if it otherwise would work for you needs, since switches are directly supported. Though it wouldn't be that much work to add mode...

Maybe it will help!

1 Like

Thanks, I will take a look.