Suggestion: Create a tile template for a temp/humidity sensor

A generic driver exists for a temp/humidity sensor, why not a tile template?

Temperature and Humidity can be put on 2 tiles or a weather template is available.

The weather template has an unnecessary Wind field and the font is small.

Two tiles to display Temp/Humidity seems wasteful.

Also, the Temp tile does not have a battery % field.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Here here ! And whatever else it is they mumble in the House of Commons.

2 Likes

One picture is worth some words:

Might think about: [BETA]Tile Template Device Manager
That's what I'm using for:

1 Like

That looks pretty sharp.
Does it consume a lot of resources?
I felt the other app I was using did.

0.753% of total but that device is getting pounded right now (sitting above my desk). If you fully load the app (will keep track of 10 tiles) you might get up over 1% but shouldn't get much higher than that.

1 Like

It is pretty sharp....and the-Bear's-stuff is something I thought of earlier today when replying to your thread.

And I said to myself ....DAMN IT, how is someone new coming into HE suppose to ramp up and know about all these little improvements THAT SHOULD BE BUILT-INS in the menu as you go about creating the setup you desire! How many of these little bits of glue does someone need to discover to piece together the optimal configuration?

With all due respect to him, I'm on your page...improve the base line UI and Dashboard capabilities that 99.9% of us need and would use.

Save the-Bear's-Brain for those things which HE flexibility allows total creativity to address, stuff that solves a problem that maybe is a one-off or that only 30% of the user population might desire to have addressed.

That's all I'm saying....not to be speaking for the bear's brain or anything. It's free to do whatever it wants :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I like the way the HTML tile works in the Hub Info driver, and this seems like an outgrowth.
The other one also needed makerAPI too, as I recall.
This looks like it needs some knowledge of HTML, which might, just might, be almost do-able for me. :slight_smile: .
I'll give it a whirl.

1 Like

How did you create this three part tile??

I never did, lol.
@thebearmay is the man.

...edited question: How do you make the tile height half or 1/3 height:

You mess around with the height.
This is 1.

1 Like

@calinatl - Continuing our conversation from my Simple CSS Editor topic, specifically about resizing of the tiles, @velvetfoot is right, changing the tile size in the Tile Editor dialog is where to do this, but you may also want to play with the size settings on the Dashboard Options dialog as well, these can be used to adjust how big each increment is for height and width.

Note, however, when you change these settings all the tiles will immediately become bigger or smaller, so if you do reduce the row height or column width settings, do it slowly so you can adjust tile sizes accordingly.

One reason to make these much smaller than the defaults of 200 and 190 is that the smaller they are the more fine-grained control you have over the relative sizing of tiles.

1 Like

I think I played around with that too!

1 Like

Yeah, the defaults are fine for most situations, but once you want to really have control over exactly where things sit on the screen, the smaller increments make it much easier, but you just need / want to make that setting change early, before you have a lot of tiles to keep adjusting as you move the values down.

@sburke781 @velvetfoot
Thank you both. I've played around with this and was able to combine the Humidity & Temp tiles into one by making the humidity tile 2x height & the temp tile short. This is the result:

I think it would look better if

1. there were a way to remove the device name from the humidity tiles-it could then be a 1x height tile just on top of the temp tile and they could both be shorter...that would be a better use of screen real estate
  2. I could figure out how to make the relative humidity appear similar for all devices.
    [PS: the one reading 90% is currently in a plastic bag with wet salt - I'm trying to calibrate it, which explains the reading]
1 Like

You may be able to use my CSS editor, or just CSS generally to achieve this. I think the editor will likely just hide the text and not release the space, but I'd have to check. From memory there are ways to do it.

How so? The precision? The suffixes at the end?

I will post over at that CSS editor thread; it would be great to learn how to do that - hiding the text would be great.

Yes, all of the above. How many decimals, whether there is a % sign, whether there is a trailing "RH" ... The first and last are the same device, but one shows a % sign after and the other does not..no idea why