Sudden hsm issue(hsmsetarm all) in location events

suddenly getting these weird hsm mode changes every 1-5 minutes and any rule that has a trigger on mode change is firing even though not doing anything as i have no mode called all.. any ideas

@bravenel

still getting these messages.. i tried a reboot with rebuild thinking something was corrupt.. still same issue..

here is my hsm config..

also tried disabling and renabling hsm.. same issue.. and the messges come out even when hsm is disabled..

any ideas.. @bobbyd

here is another reference to this

no comments or solution.. only happening on one hub..

even disabling the hsm app doesnt fix it.. seems like a bug in the firmware or hsm

Usually a true HMS event will have hsmEvent as the description…

ya it doesnt show under hsm events.. so you think something else is writing to location events making it look like hsm?

That’s my first thought.

no recent changes to somehting like that or no new apps installed. no idea how to track that down.

ok after enable and disabling many apps and devices i have tracked down the bug.. it is in maker api when this option is set it causes these message in the log ..

@bravenel

So something is hitting the Maker API HSM endpoint? Maker API doesn't initiate anything wrt HSM, only responds to its endpoints.

the only endpoint being hit regularly is the one to check the switch state from the hub stats.. i will disable that and see. but nothing is checking hsm status anyway..

i will try to reproduce it on one of my other hubs where i am not even using maker api and see if it happens.

but maybe someone can check for the sendlocationevent call in maker api to see?

That's what i just did. It's in a method tied to an endpoint. So something is hitting the setHSM endpoint.

Path looks like /hsm/id on a Maker API call, or in your case /hsm/all.

interesting only change i did was the garmin app for the watch.. maybe it is polling regularly.. i will try disabling that as well with that option on and see if it goes away.. thanks...

i know i am not using the app on the watch when i get those events.

Has to be coming from outside the hub.... Something that has the hsm Maker API endpoint and access token. Or, a rule that hits the endpoint could do it...

thanks for checking it is indeed the watch app so that it knows current hsm and mode state on glancing at it.. he is adding an option to disable it..