Success using Ring Alarm Ranged Extender for Power out alert

I've just pushed an update (1.3.0) that addresses this in the driver itself, which makes the Rule unnecessary.

2 Likes

Hi @Nitr0 ,
Sorry to hear nothing has helped. Perhaps try eliminating your current driver and try to reload with @dennypage’s updated driver (1.3.0) and just start from scratch again. I am at a loss as mine is working without a hitch. Then exclude and re-include your device. Let us know if you get any resolution with the new driver.

I just updated the driver. Do I need to exclude, factory reset, and include again? Tried to just update the driver and disable my refresh rule but same result as before.

nice change.. i made a slight edit as i think running in 1 sec after restart may be too soon..i changed mine to 20 sec.

thanks.. except other stuff is done for me as well like restarting the various thermostats that requirement periodic polling etc.

You do not need to exclude/re-include.

One thing that does come to mind... if you are using the device page to follow transitions, make sure to refresh the page in the browser whenever you reboot the hub.

I would recommend enabling debug logging in the driver and monitoring the log. If you would like me to take a look, please do the following:

1. start with the ring on mains
  2. enable debug logging in device preferences and save
  3. run refresh on the device page
  4. wait 30 seconds
  5. run configure on the device page
  6. wait 30 seconds
  7. run refresh on the device page
  8. wait 30 seconds
  9. unplug the ring
  10. wait 30 seconds
  11. run refresh on the device page
  12. wait 30 seconds
  13. plug the ring back in
  14. wait 30 seconds
  15. run refresh on the device page

And send me the log entries.

Why do you think 1 sec may be too soon?

the hub seems to be very busy right at startup and i frequently get stuff failing or errors in logs if i try to do too much too soon. that is why i have delays in most of my startup actions

I haven't seen that. There is very little Z-Wave activity that happens at startup on my production hubs. What types of things do you see failing?

1 Like