Strange issue with 2.0.5?

So something strange is going. Every time I hit configure for one of my Front Entry Generic Zigbee Motion sensor (stock DH), my Garage Entry Zooz Mini Sensor (NEO Coolcam Motion Sensor DH) changes state to ACTIVE. This then cause my HSM intrusion alert to triggered but then I can't seems to cancel the alert when I hit cancel alert.

@mike.maxwell

test 1:

Front Entry Generic Zigbee Motion

Garage Entry Motion Event:

test 2:

I tried it with another generic zigbee motion sensor and it does not show the same issue. The thing that's different is the Front Entry Generic Zigbee motion sensor is stuck on ACTIVE.

There's no way that sending configuration commands to a zigbee device can change the state of a zwave device...
And even if this were possible, the zwave event wouldn't be 7 ish seconds later.

Are you doing any polling on either of these sensors?

not doing polling on either device. I do have z-wave poller running for some ge switches.

I agree, it doesn't make sense but I can get it to repeat 100% of the time. I turned up the logging for the zwave device and it's showing this.

100% repeatable. I disabled z-wave poller to test and it's still happening.

not always 7 seconds either..

Can't clear my HSM alert either. Clicking on Cancel Alerts does not clear this.

Only way I was able to clear this was to disarm this and rearmed it.

Ok, If I disable this HSM rule, and the intrusion alert comes in, I am able to clear it. BUT, if a second alert comes in, I can't no longer clear it. ONLY can clear one time after arming the rule.

Dumb question... But have you tried rebooting your hub and verify it still does it?

yes.. rebooted and still happening. I just reverted the FW back to 2.0.4 and it's happening there too.

1 Like

OK, that's definitely bizarre.

@mike.maxwell.. i can open port fowarding into the hub so you can see it for yourself if you like.

I am not sure what else to do at this point. I tried with HSM rule OFF and ON. That didn't help.

The motion sensor in question is one of the ST original motion sensors.

Still happening.

try dismounting one of the sensors, placing it within a few feet of the hub, see if it still does this, otherwise clueless...

Finally home to take a look at it. It turns out that motion sensor was not the one I thought it was. It's an IRIS motion sensor 3326-L that was sitting next to the zwave sensor. AND that motion sensor died while ago with the symptom of constant motion ACTIVE, I couldn't get it go inactive. I replaced it with the zwave version but didn't actually removed it from HE. Strange that the problem is just starting today.

It's now removed from HE and battery also removed. Going to monitor this for few days.

radio interference as the culprit?

I'm not an RF guy, but this seems improbable to me...
Zigbee and Z-Wave are no where near each other spectrum wise...

I know right.. the frequency are so far apart from each other. But once I removed it, I am no longer having the issue. But as a test, I re-added that sensor to HE again but can't get it to duplicate anymore.

anyway,, I am not going to di*k around with it anymore. All good again for now :slight_smile:

1 Like