Strange behavior for Sengled Classic bulbs

I have 2 Sengled Classic Zigbee bulbs in my living room. They've been paired and working well for over a year. Recently, I cannot control them from their device page. They won't turn on, off or change brightness from the device page. Strangely, I can control them both from the Group Bulb Dimmer 2.1 device I set up for them.
I turned on debugging in each of their device pages but nothing shows up in the logs when I try to turn them on of off or try to do anything from the device page (refresh, change brightness etc)
Again if I go to the device page for the Dimmer Group everything works fine and the log shows on, off etc. The individual device pages don't show a change in state if I turn them on or off from the Group Device page. One always show ON the other OFF.
Any ideas on how to fix this? I'm wondering if I should just do a re-pairing for these bulbs?

So it appears that the bulbs are receiving Zigbee group messaging broadcasts and responding to them, but aren't able to receive unicast (routed) messages which would be sent to a single bulb when you issue commands from the device page.
Sounds like something has gone wrong with routing in the mesh.

There was another thread about a similar problem a while back: Zigbee Lamp only reachable via group but not directly - #17 by thefi5h
@thefi5h was able to get individual control of the devices by power cycling them; might be worth a try. Probably would be a good idea to power cycle all routers (repeaters) in the mesh as well, before trying anything more drastic.

1 Like

Power cycling did the trick. Thanks

1 Like