Stopping automations

Hi all, I’ve got this which stops my hue lamp when it’s Dimming down from a set off rule machine rule. However the problem I’ve got is that when I apply this to a hue vintage style lamp bulb it doesn’t work the same way. It ignores that I want to control the lamp for a different action and continues to dim down. Unsure why?

What action are you trying to "cancel" here? This will only work for "Fade dimmer over time," not "Start raising/lowering dimmer" or a "Set dimmer level" with a transition/fade time set. This also will only work within the same set of rule actions (i.e., the same rule), and since this is your only action, it looks like that is not the case. You'd need to either figure out how to get this into the rule that schedules this action in the first place, or use something like "Cancel Rule Timers" from another rule (selecting this other rule as the one whose timers to cancel) to get a similar effect. Note that this action affects all scheduled jobs and not just ones originating from that particular action.

It also looks like you're using an older release of Rule Machine, which is certainly fine, but things may be worded slightly differently than I mentioned above. If all else looks OK, you could try re-creating in the newest version to see if that helps — but all of the above will still apply. I suspect one of those things is really the issue.

Ah, ok, getting the action into the rule would make sense I hadn't thought about other actions. I'm not great at rule machine but I'm trying to learn it.

So the rule i have for the bedroom lamp which works is this one

Fade Bedroom lamp down to 15 over 15 minutes with 10.0 seconds interval

which works, so i thought I'd apply the same rule to this one

Fade lamp 2 down to 0 over 12 minutes with 10.0 seconds interval

Seems to be the same actions but not the same out come?

So played about with this a little more and still cant get the light to stop doing the dim down routine when the light has been told to do something else. Surely this must be easy, what am i missing?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.