Stop repeating rules upon truth change?

I have a RM4 rule for turning on all my outside lights. It is supposed to repeat the the turn on command until all lights are on. The lights do come on, but the rule keeps running. It will stop repeating though when I go into the rule and click on the "Update Rule" button. Not really sure what this button does, but it does stop the repeat action.

Here is a screen shot of the rule

You need to move the END-REP to be after the IF. Add an END-IF first. So it looks like:

Repeat
  turn on lights
  IF lights are all on
    Stop repeating actions
  END-IF
END-REP

Do you really need the repeat to get the lights on?

Yes. I have Sylvania lights and they do not always come on the first time.

Your rule isn't being triggered by anything that is going to stop the repeating. Unless the change will be detected by the triggers of the rule, it will never issue the cancel repeat.

Sorry I am not understanding you.

Let's follow through the steps one by one...
In your case, the mode changes to Away-Evening or Evening, that triggers your rule to run and the repeat to start. But then, there is no other trigger that happens that would force the rule to run to stop the repeating.

But I'm not really sure a repeat is what you want. Your repeating action has 3 different groups doing 3 different things. how is this going to change the 2nd or 3rd or 10000th time the rule runs. Also, if you have this rule in place right now, check it because I bet it's repeating right now.