startLevelChange broken with 2.2.0 release

The 2.2.0 release appears to have broken startLevelChange functionality for the "up" direction. To duplicate:

1. Select a dimmer from the Hubitat device list
  2. Enter a fairly low "setLevel" value such as 5 or 10 and click the "Set Level" button
  3. Set the "startLevelChange" direction to "up"
  4. Click the "startLevelChange" button

The dimmer will either go to full bright without ramping then dim back down to a value lower than the value set in step 2 or will immediately dim down to what appears to be a dim value of 1 or 2. without going to full bright.

This problem occurred for me with version 2.2.0 and continues to occur with the current 2.2.0.126 release.

Which device(s) are you seeing this on?

I haven’t tried changing dimmer levels from any device settings pages recently, but haven’t noticed any issues with start-level-change-up with my usual button controller devices since updating the hub firmware a week or so ago.

All of the devices are GE Z-Wave Plus paddle dimmers. I originally noticed the problem with a 5 button Pico that was setup over a year ago using Button Controller 1-5. I assumed that the issue was related to the un-retireing of the Button Controller app in the 2.2.0 release but found that the issue also exists when using startLevelChange up on the device page.

What driver are you using?

Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer

Can you temporarily change to Generic Z-Wave Dimmer.. And try it again? .. I have a theory..

Yup. Just tried and it works using the Generic Z-Wave Dimmer driver.

1 Like

Ok.. I know what the issue is.. I have submitted a bug report

3 Likes

:+1:

2 Likes

And its fixed! Boy that was quick!!

3 Likes

You beat me to it @aaiyar .. I was coming to post it..

2 Likes

Damn that was fast. Anyone from Wink remember waiting (and waiting, and waiting...) for a bug to be fixed?

3 Likes