Starting Over

Your locks look a bit suspect. They should have outbound nodes as well as your garage motion sensor should as well. The rest of it looks ok...

Is this a C-5? If so, then AFAIK, ghosts (and stranded nodes) won't show up in the table.

You'll need a secondary controller to confirm there are no ghosts.

Edit: I had multiple stranded nodes on my C-5. And I needed a secondary controller to determine their presence as well as remove them. Hubitat support may be able to see them - so it is definitely a good idea to get in touch with them.

2 Likes

They should have an out node if paired properly.

1 Like

But stranded nodes will not show in the z-wave table (ones that were deleted as devices but not properly excluded).

2 Likes

Tru dat'

1 Like

Around here, we say "Who Dat!", especially on game day (like today).

2 Likes

Meh, don't watch sports....

1 Like

They’re buttery and people told me that’s normal

Logging enabled. It just keeps looping and looping through each device hundreds of times

After each huge loop, that device finally turns on or off. That’s all I can tell.

I split dimmers and switches into separate groups. I tried the optimization on and off. I tried a 10ms delay.

Do you have a secondary controller (like a UZB3 stick, UZB7 stick, or Aeotec z-stick)?

No. I ordered a C7 last night. Not sure if it will help or not. I really like this hub but my wife is getting pissed off with the delay. Especially when she tries to go to bed and lights don’t turn off or on

1 Like

I experienced slowdowns on my C-5 ONLY after I created half-a-dozen stranded z-wave devices. @bobbyD helped me figure out there were stranded devices, and I used a secondary controller (UZB-3) to remove the stranded devices.

My C-5 had no more slowdowns after that. Last year, I migrated the C-5 network to a C-7, and it continues to function well.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, unlike C7 model, the C5 is not very good at showing or removing ghost nodes. There is a nightly task that runs on the hub that attempts to remove hidden ghosts but is usually not very successful because the radio tends to hold onto dead nodes for a long time. Presence of dead nodes in your mesh will certainly introduce latency and can make your mesh unresponsive at times, which is consistent with your experience. I've seen your ticket coming through yesterday and will dig into your hub tomorrow morning to see if I can narrow down the problem.

1 Like

Sweet. I posted here already but I’ll reply to you with it. The delay seems to be the hub polling each device hundreds of times before moving onto the next one. I just tried a scene and it does it too.

Do you have Z-Wave Poller enabled?

Also just read this comment:

That sounds like the problem may not be Z-Wave related.

2 Likes

That happens with Alexa integration. It may or may not have been temporary.

I do not have any devices that "qualify" for polling so i do not have i installed.

2 Likes