ST to HE migration plan questions

That sounds very promising. I have never dug into this code very deeply. It does look very interesting.

To sniff the packets, you’ll need to connect the Harmony hub to a WiFi-to-Ethernet Bridge, connected to an Ethernet Hub (not a switch), connected to both your PC running Wireshark, as we all as to your home network.

Not sure how clear that is, but it would work.

Here’s a very good explanation

https://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Ethernet

1 Like

Re-installed the ported Harmony Connect app to HE today. Using this ability I now have instant switch updates in HE, completely bypassing ST.

I was able to uninstall every smartapp on ST today except Harmony Connect, and only keeping that one for the access tokens. webCoRE is gone, Other Hub is gone. ST is functionally used for absolutely nothing now. Yay!

5 Likes

Guess what's unplugged now. Oh yeah!

2 Likes

Congrats! Welcome to where we should have been with your dead hub many years ago.
Onward and up!

1 Like

Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. That is a perfectly good Ethernet cord!:rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you guys know....Can I sell my ST hub and keep my IDE account active for the Harmony auth tokens? Basically I am asking...Can I have a hubless IDE account that is linked to Harmony?

1 Like

Why do you say you need a ST hub? You don't. I sold mine months ago and can still do this.

2 Likes

The cloud stuff all continues to work. In fact, anyone can use the SmartThings IDE and Samsung's cloud for free. Never even have to own a hub in the first place. The only thing you can't do is add anything from the ST app. It will complain there's no hub, but that's no problem, just add it from the IDE. You can even use ST apps, just not anything that needs a physical device obviously, But you can tie HE devices into ST automations if you want by using OtherHub2.

So, short answer; Yes.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Anyone need a ST hub? :grin:

1 Like

3 Likes