ST to HE migration plan questions

So if I do a factory reset and it stays in ST does it just show as unavailable?

Correct

@ogiewon I used your HTTP switch driver as a template to make a Harmony HTTP remote device, works by sending GET requests with Harmony IP, command, count, and press type (press vs hold) in the URL query to a node.js app running on my Pi. Once they remove the whitelist for commands in Maker I should be able to hit this device with a web request from IFTTT to Maker and have voice controls for individual button presses like Volume, play/pause, select, mute, etc.

Example: "Hey Google, tell living room volume down 10 times"

This will take care of one of the two remaining webCoRE pistons I have running on ST. The other is very similar to this, so should be able to convert it too.

1 Like

I don't really know what I'm doing with Wireshark and reading packets, but I tried capturing when connecting the Harmony app on my phone to one of my Harmony hubs, and this is the only data I see. My phone's IP address is 192.168.0.122. Looks like it's broadcasting some request across my LAN, the data shows "logitech-reverse-bonjour".

I'm thinking that the hub will then initiate a connection back to the phone app in a way that doesn't get picked up by WS. This post supports this idea:

I wonder if a node.js app or similar can be written to simulate the phone app and listen for activity state changes? This is beyond the limits of my knowledge unfortunately.

A search for logitech-reverse-bonjour turned up swissmanu github pages.

This one in particular sounds promising.

...amd could this be used to negate the need to reuse ST's tokens?

I believe those are the same NodeJS components use by the ‘Harmony-api’ NodeJS RESTful API server.

The token url might be different than the one used in the other api.

https://svcs.myharmony.com/CompositeSecurityServices/Security.svc/json/GetUserAuthToken

If that url returns a token this could work.

1 Like

I'm curious about the second link in my post..."The state digest is emitted by a hub during starting and stopping activities. It allows to update its clients, even if
they did not initiate the change of the activity." Maybe you or others have already gone down this road, but I hadn't seen any discussion around these types of push updates from the hub to the clients.

That sounds very promising. I have never dug into this code very deeply. It does look very interesting.

To sniff the packets, you’ll need to connect the Harmony hub to a WiFi-to-Ethernet Bridge, connected to an Ethernet Hub (not a switch), connected to both your PC running Wireshark, as we all as to your home network.

Not sure how clear that is, but it would work.

Here’s a very good explanation

https://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/Ethernet

1 Like

Re-installed the ported Harmony Connect app to HE today. Using this ability I now have instant switch updates in HE, completely bypassing ST.

I was able to uninstall every smartapp on ST today except Harmony Connect, and only keeping that one for the access tokens. webCoRE is gone, Other Hub is gone. ST is functionally used for absolutely nothing now. Yay!

5 Likes

Guess what's unplugged now. Oh yeah!

2 Likes

Congrats! Welcome to where we should have been with your dead hub many years ago.
Onward and up!

1 Like

Don’t throw the baby out with the bath water. That is a perfectly good Ethernet cord!:rofl:

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Do you guys know....Can I sell my ST hub and keep my IDE account active for the Harmony auth tokens? Basically I am asking...Can I have a hubless IDE account that is linked to Harmony?

1 Like

Why do you say you need a ST hub? You don't. I sold mine months ago and can still do this.

2 Likes

The cloud stuff all continues to work. In fact, anyone can use the SmartThings IDE and Samsung's cloud for free. Never even have to own a hub in the first place. The only thing you can't do is add anything from the ST app. It will complain there's no hub, but that's no problem, just add it from the IDE. You can even use ST apps, just not anything that needs a physical device obviously, But you can tie HE devices into ST automations if you want by using OtherHub2.

So, short answer; Yes.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Anyone need a ST hub? :grin:

1 Like

3 Likes