Specific Media on Chromecast

I'm trying to setup an automation that automatically turns on News at a specific time when I wake up. There are a few ways to achieve this, but I have no idea what I need to do to make it happen.

1. Chromecast Hulu Live and make sure it's channel I want (Not sure how I'd even figure out the URL to chromecast or of it's even possible without some authentication issues)

2. I have a Shield TV in my bedroom, is there some ADB commands I can send to open Hulu and go to Live TV?

Once I figure out those pieces, I can add it to my automate lights, and other switches which I've already setup as a 'morning routine'.

Any ideas?

The light and switches are easy so we should focus on the AV side.

Someone here may have a better way to do this, but I'm more a meat and potatoes guy so I will give you my approach.

We use and recommend Logitech Harmony/Elite Remotes/Hubs to integrate your AV into HE. Once you have the Logitech setup to control the TV/Chromecast/Shield/Amp you can the program those same controls into HE.

I use the fabulous driver by @ogiewon Harmony Hub Driver to program a "morning" button for my wife on our Lurton keypad.

If you need additional details on the setup feel free to ask

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.